cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending emails

dianeaj
Joining in

I can no longer send emails using gmail, although I do get my emails. When I try to accept the settings for sending emails I get a message saying too many bad emails have been sent. I don't know what I've done and no idea how to talk to anyone at virginmedia about it. I think the only recent 'bad emails' may have had too big attachments. I can send by logging into my virginmedia account, but this is really inconvenient. How can I get gmail to work again? Why doens't virginmedia have any phone numbers you can call to get help?

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a redacted screenshot of the error message here?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dianeaj 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with access your emails through Gmail. 

I can see that you mention you can send fine through your Virgin Media account. We will try to support best were we can via the forums, but if it's an issue regarding just your Gmail, then we might not be able to support with 3rd party issues. 

We have a great community with a wealth of knowledge on all thing internet and technical that can help too. 

Are you able to provide the screenshot of the error and we'll support anyway we can? 

On other note the number you can use to contact us for support on Virgin Media issues is 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other number. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Screenshot_20**:**:**:**:**:**-03_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

Also I phoned 150, but none of the options was relevant and couldn't figure out what to choose since it's not really broadband, TV or phone!

Hi @dianeaj 

Looks like your screenshot was removed. Are you able to attach the error message again please, but ensure that there is no personal information also captured by the screenshot. You can edit the screenshot to black out any personal information showing if needed before attaching and posting it to the public forums. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the complete error message into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Hopefully de-listing will occur sooner rather than later but if not post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

Also consider following the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked.