cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple passwords

peterj2
Tuning in

I am confused as to what passwords are which as I have my email address, (ntlworld.com) my wifes email(ntlworld.com) one virgin media account but to log in I have to use a yahoo account to log in to the virgin media to access my emails and a gmail account to log on to access the virgin media account for my wifes emails.but the passwords are different for logging into the gmail and yahoo email accounts then logging into virgin media? As far as I can work out there doesn't seem to be any passwords for the email accounts (ntlworld)on the apps used on devices..Does the app password (generated by virgin media) work for both emails?on multiple devices like laptop mobiles and tablets?? I am very confused any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@peterj2 Yes, each VM email address requires a unique generated app password in order to access the email address via an email client or app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Going forward each VM email address (including blueyonder, Ntlworld and Virgin net) will need a third party email address as the username to log into the My Virgin Media account for the email address and for VM webmail access.  Each will have a password attached.

In order to access the VM email address via an email client or app a second generated app password is required.  This is generated through the account settings section of the My Virgin Media account for the email address.

The username for client access continues to be the actual email address not the third party username.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @peterj2 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

Advice on how to manage your Virgin Media email accounts can be found here

Please refer to the section entitled "How to set up my Virgin Media email on a device".

That should provide the answers to your questions, but if you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to pop back to us.
Regards,
Daniel

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"a gmail account to log on to access the virgin media account for my wifes emails." You don’t actually use a GMail account to login, you are just using the name of a GMail account to login.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

but I think you do need to access the gmail account for verification to access the virgin media account?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed you do.  If you change the password for the VM account the verification code is sent to the third party email address that you have used as the account username.

Thanks for the reply

I do need Two generated app password one for each VM email?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@peterj2 Yes, each VM email address requires a unique generated app password in order to access the email address via an email client or app.