Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Re: Email hacked. Money taken. Email account deleted

Hi JohnCan  you please assist me with a similar issue?My @virginmedia.com email address was hacked last week and I cannot reset the password.Whenever I go onto the virgin media website and enter my email to reset it it says 'Please ensure you provide...

TP678 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! server quota

I recently migrated my emails to a new PC and decided that I would use a pop3 email account instead of IMAP as I was sick and tired of emails going awry folder quotas etc or just losing them for no reason. I want to be able to download them to my des...

ARG1UK by Up to speed
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to send emails via Outlook with Error 0x800CCC0F

New PC setup.Can receive emails in Outlook, but unable to send outgoing emails.Able to send emails via webmail.Same issue with two separate VM email accounts.Have tried disabling antivirus firewall.Have also checked email settings.Anyone have any adv...

steve234 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Deleting Ntlworld account

Hello - I have an old ntlworld e-mail over 20 years old. I need to delete as I am still receiving emails on my ntlworld account and was told this account would be eventually deleted. Now I've been hacked. Even though it's hacked the password still wo...

Resolved! Re: Deleting Ntlworld account

Hello - I have a similar problem to RossLewis777. My VM account was closed in 2021 but I have continued to receive emails on the ntlworld.com email account but I do not use it. The account has now been hacked. I am unable to change the password on th...

Phillo1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ntlworld email hacked

Hi. My ntlworld email account has recently been hacked. This was set up many years ago when we had Virgin Media Broadband which has since been cancelled. Could you please tell me how I can cancel my ntlworld account so that it can no longer be used b...

Maggy29 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

HiI have been receiving this message (Your mailbox is not available at the moment) since around 4pm15/5/23 and have been unable to access my primary email account for nearly a week on any of my devices or browsers. I can sign into my VM account but n...

procurator by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I want to close my email account

Hi I am extremely worried as my emails have  been hacked and disappeared with personal details such as car insurance ,council tax, paypal and a lot of other stuff  I hoping to close my email account with VM but my wife has a separate email which appe...

Password change has not worked on outlook or Gmail

I recently changed my password for my email account on the 2 x virgin media accounts that I have emails for. No problems there... However I had expected my Google mail to stop working for this email addresses because I had just changed the password. ...

Stevo365 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos