cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email

revbarfly1
On our wavelength

One of my email accounts has stopped working again on Saturday and keeps asking to enter the password. Server says password needs changing so have tried changing this and no matter what password we try virgin will not let us change this. This is urgent.

18 REPLIES 18

revbarfly1
On our wavelength

Have been onto Virgin for 1.5 hours to be told that my email account is on a different area code to our account and has been turned off.  They can move it to our correct Area code but then my husband will lose his email?? So the answer is if you already have an email associated with your Virgin Media account you can keep that one but if you move another one over you will then lose the one that's on the account ! This makes no sense even though they say you can have up to 3 emails on the account! 

Hi there @revbarfly1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for your post. If the email is no longer attached to a current and active broadband account then it will be removed up to 90 days from services being cancelled though this can in some cases take longer. 

Did the agent confirm that this email was not showing on the current account?

It has been a nightmare I have no email account and this account was used for business and personal. I have a lot of accounts which send verification codes to my email but since I no longer have access this is impossible. Virgin have let us down really badly, we have been customers and still are since 2002 and this is what they do, no notification, nothing. Apparently an update was done on Saturday and because the only email linked to the account was my husbands, I lost mine in this new update. Had we have known or been given notice we could have added my email to our account and this would not have happened. 
I have so far lost 3 days of work and now had to create a new email account (NOT VIRGIN) and go through and contact every customer, then try and change my Apple ID, Bank, HMRC, Hospital, etc etc 

Not a good experience!

I'm so sorry to hear this @revbarfly1 

As the team have advised if an email is not linked to a current and active account then it will be removed after 90 days. We are so sorry again that this has happened.

According to Ofcom whilst emails are not regulated virgin should have informed us prior to the email being closed to give us the opportunity to move information to another email. Also under GDPR you now have my data which I want back, 

Hi @revbarfly1 

Thanks for coming back to us.

We do inform you via the T&C which have not changed - virg.in/legals - that email address will cease within 90 days of it not being on an active account. 

If you do wish to follow a GDPR request see here - https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/privacy-policy but the email wouldn't come under GDPR based purely as the T&C state about email deletion if not on an active account. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John can you send the direct link to the T&C that specifically relate to emails as I can’t see it.

thanks

Hi @revbarfly1 thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry for any confusion around email addresses linked to ceased accounts.  The terms and conditions referring to the advice my colleague gave can be found here, section D6.  The specific duration is also clearly stated here, under the sub heading "What else do I need to do if I'm leaving?"  However, I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

revbarfly1
On our wavelength

Please can someone help. I have spent hours and hours onto virgin and they keep closing and raising tickets. My email was cut off on 30th December after a software update and we are trying to get it reinstated. We raised a support ticket again last Wednesday where we were told if we tried to add my email to our Virgin account my husband would lose his.

My mother is a Virgin media customer also and she agreed on the advice of a Virgin customer service  to have my email added to her account so i would be able to gain access.

I spoke to someone yesterday and they said they had until today to respond, we called again and basically no further forward and the person we spoke to cancelled the ticket and raised another one!

Does anyone know what they are doing and if so please can I talk to you ! I am self employed and have had no access to emails since 30th December