cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMs not fully synching across devices

EG1
Up to speed

My VirginMedia emails on one email address have partially stopped synching between my iPhone and iPad, using the same apple email app to access on each.

They all arrive in the mailbox, but if I view first on iPhone and delete several emails, the deletion does not carry through to iPad on one @ntlworld account. Those emails are still in the mailbox on iPad and don’t go when refreshed. Emails to other @ntlworld accounts are deleted as normal.

If I view first on iPad and delete there, the emails are then deleted from iPhone email. So the issue seems to be about emails into the iPad. I can’t see any difference in device settings on iPad v iPhone. It’s definitely set as IMAP.  I have tried deleting and reading the email account there. But it still happens.

Any suggestions? There’s probably a simple answer, but I am stumped. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EG1,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your emails syncing on different devices. It certainly sounds like you might have POP settings instead of IMAP.

Would you mind double-checking and ensure that this is the case across all of the devices you use? If needed, you can find the email settings here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EG1,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your emails syncing on different devices. It certainly sounds like you might have POP settings instead of IMAP.

Would you mind double-checking and ensure that this is the case across all of the devices you use? If needed, you can find the email settings here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

I am seeing the same thing. 

There's obviously some sort of sync issue going on with their servers (has been now for a really long time) and it's bad enough to be obvious.  Make sure both devices use the same IMAP server (imap.ntlworld or imap.virginmedia) and the issue should be less visible.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Hi @Zach_R Definitely IMAP on both devices. But when I checked I realised I hadn’t tried deleting and reading the account on my iPhone. I can’t see that has changed any of the settings, but it has worked and the emails now get deleted on iPad email.

Variations of turn off/on nearly always seem to be an IT answer don’t they!

Hi @EG1 

Glad to hear that the good ol' turning it off and on has worked to resolve this for you now. 😊

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley