Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Blueyonder Email, Windows 11 & Outlook 365

Having issues with emails.  I've installed Windows 11 onto my system as a fresh install so setting up emails again.  When I try and setup the imap settings for email it is rejecting them saying it can't communicate to the server.The system is connect...

Very confused re email Sat 1st July '23

VM site urged me to change password yesterday to try and combat issues but neither work. I phoned tech and was told they hoped to get things back p by late evening Friday. Today found webmail now back on Android this morning, BUT no webmail connectio...

bjc47 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

connection to server imap.virginmedia.com timed out

Hello,For the last few days when I have clicked on Get messages on my laptop I receive the note on the bottom left corner of my screen which says "Connection to the server imap.virginmedia.com timed out". The emails then come in as a group. Today I h...

Cemb by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ntlworld email address not coming through outlook

HI,I have a Ntlworld email address and emails have stopped coming through to my Outlook account on my laptop. They are still coming through to my phone.  I have checked all the email settings and they appear correct.Any suggestions how to correct thi...

Connection to host imap.virginmedia.com on port 993 failed

I am on a macbook air, I cannot access my emails anymore,  I get the message Connection to host imap.virginmedia.com on port 993 failed. Please can someone explain in simple terms how I get round this. Thank you 

fedup007 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Since last weeks email problem.

Emails sent to my Thunderbird account were taking about four hours to receive, some sent last night have not been received. They are in my Virgin email programme, I prefer to use Thunderbird. Are other Thunderbird users having the same problem.Regard...

322967 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No e-mail for 10 days

About  10 days ago I received an e-mail from you saying that my e-mail would be down for 12 hours for maintainence in my area.  Since then I have only been able to receive e-mail intermittently. More no service, occasionally works but very slow. Trie...

athomas2 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

email address lockout after attempting to change password

Pension fund had 3rd party data breach which included email addresses, decided to change my password butended up losing access to email account. Have tried all ways to sort it out, unsuccessfully, over mobile phone and land line and computer,have had...