cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send email

MePedro
Tuning in

A couple of my email addresses (myemail@ntlworld.com) are receiving emails. But when I try to send from them from my mail client (outlook) they appear to be sent, though they do not arrive at the recipients inbox. I have browsed around here and notice that others are experiencing similar issues. In one of those threads it was suggested to see if my IP address was listed on Spamhaus. Having checked today my IP address is listed as having no issues. In my investigations I couldn't see any issues with my Outlook email account settings. I decided to pause my VPN connection, having done so I could send an email from the accounts I had issues with. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to overcome the problem?

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could mean that the VPN IP is on a blacklist.  Often these clear after a few hours or days.  Best to continue without using a VPN.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JCmacc
Up to speed

I had the same thing, albeit without use of a VPN. I couldn't send Outlook e-mails from my ntlworld account via home wi-fi although I could if using the VM web App or Outlook on a phone using data. Sounds like you have a very similar issue.

Turns out Virgin had blocked my home IP. I got the block removed using the following steps:

• go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ :
  • select Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • Other from drop down list
  • copy and paste the error message into  Log evidence field
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JCmacc Unfortunately that won't work if it is the VPN IP address that is blocked as VM have no control over the VPN

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MePedro 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your emails at this time. We are aware of a know issues affecting customer access, sending and receiving emails today. This is already raised and have the estimated fix time of 9/2/24 at 21:00. 
Please do let us know if you've any further issues after this time and we can investigate further and provide any available updates. My apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have been having problems with my emails not sending ( although occasionally one will go) since early February. I tried to follow your advice to fill out the form re Email errors but the form  is not ‘above’ as you state and there is no link to it. This is so frustrating and I’m at a loss as what to do next. 

Sorry Connie, what do you mean "the form is not above" ?

ck8
Joining in

I am experiencing this problem in the last week. I rang 3 times to Virgin frontline and they were useful as a chocolate fire guard. All they could do was to apologise, reading of a script. They transferred me to Gadget Rescue, a company owned by Virgin, who charges to resolve issues. Why if my contract is with Virgin, then get it fixed. Anyway Gadget Rescue said my problem is with the server as I can send emails via mobile hotspot and not through the Virgin WIFI. I was put through to FMS team in Virgin, the big boys. They said my IP address was blocked by a website and it would resolve in 2 days. Rang today and the FMS team said apparently many customers are having this issue cannot send emails via WIFI and the server team knows about this and working on it. It would take another 7 days. Is yours fixed MePedro?

Hi ck8, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with sending emails. Do you have the same issue when sending these directly from webmail as opposed to sending them within an app or mail client? 

Can you confirm if the issue is only present when connected to your WiFi or does the same thing happen on any network?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your post; it has sorted my issue.