cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Change on Secondary email

Teamjake
Joining in

Hi

I have managed to update my VM account password and changed the App password on my primary email account (my.name@ntlworld.com) .

My issue is with secondary email accounts e.g mywife.name@ntlworld.com.  I can't seem to update the password on this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks - Teamjake

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Following post by @Graham_A maybe of help Solved: Re: Secondary ntlworld.com account - Virgin Media Community - 5450949

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Teamjake 👋

Sorry to hear about your issue with updating the password for the secondary email account. 

Are you logging into My VM with this accounts My VM account information? (All secondary email accounts should have their own My VM for password management.)

You can read more about this in the final section of this help page 'How to manage additional My Virgin Media email accounts' 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help

Let us know how you get on and we will offer further support if needed. Hopefully this sorts things for you! 🤞

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly

It looks like my wife is locked out of the secondary account.  We can log into my wife's VM account but when we follow the instructions to "Go to Account Settings, the Account details" (that is ok) and then it say "Tap Manage..." but this option does not appear.  Instead we get taken to a page saying "Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable".  If we follow the instructions on that page it just loops us back to that page again.  Help!

Thanks Martin.

Thanks for coming back to us about this Teamjake 🤗 
Sorry you're stuck in this email loop! This usually happens when our Internet Security Team find suspicious activity within the email address and they lock it to protect yourself and your contacts from scammers. 

In order to get this unlocked, you'll need to follow the steps below - 

• Perform virus scans on ALL devices within the home. 
  • Change your Wife's MyVM password to something new & unique - Do not use the same password that has been used elsewhere. 
  • Go to account settings > virgin media mail settings > click generate new app password.

If you've already done this on a desktop browser and got stuck in the loop, then please try on a different device such as handset/tablet. 

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Megan_L