cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail IMAP settings for iPad

GarryP1
Joining in

I get  my ntlworld emails via iPad (standard apple mail app) normally with no problem. Have done for years. Suddenly at end of Febraury I stopped getting mail incoming.

When I log onto my mail account online, all the mail is there ok. 

My IMAP settings are imap.virginmedia.com / 993 .......and smtp.virginmedia.com / 465

Does anyone know if VM have changed the IMAP settings we should use ?

cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @GarryP1 I'm glad your issue has now been resolved 😊

Just to update the thread, logging into Webmail and changing the password before logging into the device again has helped to resolve the issue.

Should you need any further help, please feel free to pop us a message. We'll be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There haven't been any settings changes since 2017.  The current settings can be found here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/m-p/3369438#M157131

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

appreciate the quick reply. unfortunately those are already my settings. I tried deleting the account from the pad, then adding the account again from fresh but this doesnt work either.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GarryP1,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having issues with your email. Are you able to access them on another device? Do you have an active Virgin Media account with us? 

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi

Yes have tried setting up on a different device. I am actually doiong this for an elderly relative. I have my own VM account, as does she.

I have set up my own VM mail account on her device with no problem.....ie the problem is not the device.

Yes the mail account in question is held by a VM cusotmer (mobile, broadband, phone, TV).

We can access her mail via web no problem.

Hi @GarryP1 👋 Thank you for your response.

Have you tried following the steps detailed on the website here, under "Setting up email on iOS device"?

If no further forward, we will send you a private message on here to investigate further.

Regards,

Daniel

hi Daniel

Thanks for this. The current failing account in question has been set up on a specific iPad many years ago and working ok until the end of February when suddenly no further mails would send or receive. Nothing else changed except that.

I have tried adding the failing VM account on to another device (phone and tablet) and that doesn't work either. No matter which device I try the failing account on, it will not connect.

However, when I use a different, currently ok, VM account, on the original iPad (see first line) then it works fine.

ie the issue seems to be definatly related to the specific VM mail account and not the settings being wrong, or there being something wrong with the device.

Thanks for any advice

Thanks for your reply @GarryP1 😊 Sorry that you are still having issues with the email address on the iPad.

As advised previously we will be happy to take a look at this further for you, I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @GarryP1 I'm glad your issue has now been resolved 😊

Just to update the thread, logging into Webmail and changing the password before logging into the device again has helped to resolve the issue.

Should you need any further help, please feel free to pop us a message. We'll be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan