cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCKED OUT OF VIRGIN EMAIL

saulhillman
Joining in

I am a long term Virgin customer and have been on the phone to VM many times in recent months about being locked out of the web-based Virginmedia email.  Every time they change the password and promise it will work and it doesn't.  It comes up with a FORBIDDEN message.  I cannot carry on being a customer if this problem is not sorted. I need to use emails for work and personal stuff and use laptop rather than phone for this.  I have done all suggestions such as clearing cache and history. Please sort this out and save me from ringing up again!

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi saulhillman 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing issues signing in to your email. You've mentioned clearing your cache and history, however, are you able to confirm if you're seeing this issue on multiple devices? 

I would also recommend doing a virus scan across all the devices you have used to access that email. We've also seen this issue resolved when the password is changed to something that has never been used before, and waiting around 20 minutes.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

ahrbee
Fibre optic

I am nervous about changing my password, having been recently locked out of my secondary e-mail account for reasons unknown. After a struggle with VM's complicated system, I have unlocked my account but I can no longer login to that newly named account. The simple solution might be to use 'forgot password' but it worries me that I will create new issues and get locked out again. Are most people able to change passwords easily or are there often major issues?

Just to be clear, I can access my e-mails now via my primary account. I can live with this situation; but I would like to access my secondary account directly if this did not cause hassle.

Hi ahrbee 👋 Welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your email access. 

When you say you have recently been locked out of the secondary email account can we just check a couple of things -

1) Are you trying to access this address via its own My Virgin Media account? 👉 virg.in/myVM (You should be able to access and manage secondary email accounts via their own My VM account.) 

2) Are you getting an error message or code when trying to access? 

We would recommend following the 'forgotten password' process to update your password to regain access if you do need to and have not done so already.

Please do let us know how you get on so we can offer further support! Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

ahrbee
Fibre optic

Hi Molly,

I should say that one of your colleagues is following this saga and it has been reported to your IT people. To answer your questions:

I cannot log in to my secondary email account which has recently been locked. It is now unlocked but I cannot log into my secondary email account via My VM account.

I get no error message. I am told either my account name (now my new account name = my gmail email address) or my password is wrong. I know my account name is correct because VM emailed it to unlock the account. I think the password is correct because I had to enter it twice when I was last in the account and I was careful to write it down correctly.

I can operate as I am although, in a perfect world, I would be able to login into my secondary account. After my recent hassle with your system, I am really looking for reassurance that if I try to change my password, I won't be locked out again.

Sorry to hear this I can see you are in PM with my colleague about this please feel free to reach out and they will look into this for you to get it resolved. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?