cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change a password? It wants me to create a new email address to do so?

PS17
Just joined

A previous post answered a similar question with

log in to account to change password to - go to account settings - click change password

The next page then wants me to change to a new email address to do so.  Will this make me lose my current address?  There is no explanation of what will happen.  Why dont VM just use 'confirm old password' 'enter new password'?

It is an old ntl address if this makes a difference.

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PS17  Virgin Media are forcing all customers to change their VM login username to a third party email address.

This is part of their security changes to introduce multi factor authentication.

The third party email address will be used to send verification codes for any password changes.

Changing the username to a third party email address does not change the underlying email address which will continue to operate.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, What if I do not want to create a new email address, what can I do then?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Eventually you will lose access to your VM email account if you do not change the username to a third party email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks