cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

Appian
Joining in

Hi I can access my email account through virgin media application but can't through original application on my tablet. Last year alot of virgin media accounts had to be reset. It's an issue when i send an email say for example through a company customer services and defaults to the email application on my tablet message 'sign in failed'. Does anyone know how I can rectify this. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Appian

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

If you want to access your Virgin Media emails from an app, you’ll need to create a separate app password through Account settings on My Virgin Media.
To get the password, follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media
a. Go to Account settings, then Account details
b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions

A new secure password will be generated for you. Your app password can be used for all apps accessing your Virgin Media mail address. If you create a new app password, you’ll need to update all your existing apps with the new password

We need to give you a separate app password to help make things more secure as IMAP and POP don’t support extra protection steps, like Multi Factor Authentication.

Remember that this password is separate from your sign in details for My Virgin Media (or any Virgin Media apps). So, if you need to check your Virgin Media Mail emails through My Virgin Media or at mail.virginmedia.com, you'll still use your My Virgin Media password.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide