cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Forbidden' message when signing into web email

GW29
Tuning in

Hi,

I"ve started getting a two word "Forbidden Forbidden' Message when I try to sign into my virgin.net email account via a web browser (either Firefox on a Mac or Microsoft Edge on a PC). While I can still check emails at home with the Mail software on my computer, it's pretty limiting not being able to check emails anywhere else (I don't use a smartphone). I see others have had a similar problem in the past though no workarounds are posted. Why is this happening and is there something that can be done about this?

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GW29

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble attempting to access your email account. To clarify, is this via the webmail platform on our website?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

GW29
Tuning in

still looking for a solution on this.... Anyone have any advice?

GW29
Tuning in

Hi.

I posted this earlier, but the chain seemed to become marked as solved without a solution being posted, so just reposting.

I"ve started getting a two word "Forbidden Forbidden' Message when I try to sign into my virgin.net email account via a web browser (either Firefox on a Mac or Microsoft Edge on a PC). While I can still check emails at home with the Mail software on my computer, it's pretty limiting not being able to check emails anywhere else (I don't use a smartphone). I see others have had a similar problem in the past though no workarounds are posted. Why is this happening and is there something that can be done about this? To clarify - I've cleared my cache, and this is happening when I try to log in on the Virgin Media webmail page at: https://mail.virginmedia.com/.

Thanks for any advice.

GW29
Tuning in

the last message above was created as a separate thread. Why has someone deleted that thread and posted it back into this supposedly 'solved' chain, without bothering to post a reply or a solution yet? As the only option for seeking help from Virgin Media, this forum is a long way from satisfactory

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GW29 The thread is marked as solved because you marked it as such when clicking helpful answer on the reply from @Zach_R posted on 03-04-2024 18:13.

You can remove the solved flag by returning to that post, click on edit option and revoke your helpful answer response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @GW29,

Have you tried reseeting your password to see if that helps?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just had a go at that. But I get asked to change my email address in order to change the password. I can't do that, because the email address I have has been issued in too many places as the way to contact me - I need to keep it the same.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GW29  The instruction is badly worded.  It is only asking you to change the sign in username to a third party email address.  This does not change the underlying email address which will continue to operate as before.  The only difference is how you sign into the My Virgin Media account or VM webmail.

You can read more about the username change here: https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks