cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email locked

SteveChilts
Tuning in

My secondary email has been locked since 15th June, I have spoken with VM at length trying to get this Email unlocked. I have run a virus scan on all devices, reset passwords for primary email and used the password app on the VM website to generate the PW. I was told on the 16th that my issue would be sent to IT and given a ref number, to resolve and would take 3 to 5 days. It’s been a week now and email account (secondary account) is still locked. I have been on phone for 45 minutes tonight to get the account unlocked, the agent said he had reset the password for the secondary account and to wait 15 minutes to access the account. I waited the 15 and tried to gain access  to the email account, it of course failed, account is still locked. I am frustrated at the lack of help from VM. Surely if they locked the account they can unlock it. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SteveChilts 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your email, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SteveChilts 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your email, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

SteveChilts
Tuning in

Problem fixed. Thanks 

Glad to hear the issue was resolved @SteveChilts 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am having the exact same problem, I have tried online chat, and have called virgin. The lady changed my password for me but I still cannot access my virgin email account

Hi @Nicola5falconer thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Can you advise please what error if any you having when you're accessing your emails? Is this through your My Virgin Media account via Webmail or is this via an App such as Outlook?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom, I have tried everything asked of me via chat, twitter and calls. An agent reset my MYVM password for me and asked me to wait 15 minutes before I logged in. I did this and still cannot access my virgin email account. Please can you help? Thanks

Hi @Nicola5falconer thanks for your replies.

Let's see if I can intervene here - please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

We are no longer replying to PM's for the remainder of today however, and I am out of the office tomorrow but I will reply as soon as I can on Friday to try and assist.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I am having the same problem. I have telephoned twice and have been on a whatsapp chat 3 times. Each time they tell me they have reset the password and to login after 4 hours and the account will be unlocked. Each time I wait the 4 hours and the new password works, but the email account is still locked. I explained this on the last whatsapp chat and asked them to keep the chat open until the problem was resolved and they still closed the chat. Each time they close the chat, I have to start from scratch waiting for hours for someone to reply. I have spent 5 days trying to sort this out and am getting nowhere. Please can you help?