cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email down?

lesley74
On our wavelength

Is Virgin email down? It has kicked me out on my phone and I can't log in on the web. I can't even get to a password reset page to try that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

El_Defensor
Superfast

There clearly is some issue as I am getting "Authentication Failed", but only on 1 of my 5 email addresses.

In my area there's a TV issue but nothing to say it's connected to email.

Of course, as usual, Virgin Media are incredably slow to react!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

El_Defensor
Superfast

There clearly is some issue as I am getting "Authentication Failed", but only on 1 of my 5 email addresses.

In my area there's a TV issue but nothing to say it's connected to email.

Of course, as usual, Virgin Media are incredably slow to react!

lesley74
On our wavelength

My area is showing a TV issue, however our TV is fine. I doubt email is area specific though? I'm just hoping it's a quick fix as I really need to use my email. Very inconvenient. I'm trying to call, but can't get through. 

lesley74
On our wavelength

They are telling me on the call I need to set up a gmail account to redirect my mail. This can't be for everyone, today, surely?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lesley74 wrote:

They are telling me on the call I need to set up a gmail account to redirect my mail. This can't be for everyone, today, surely?

I think that you may have misunderstood what they said or they were not clear enough in what they meant.  A recent change made by Virgin Media means that in order to make password changes each Virgin Media email account now needs to use a third party email address as the username.  This could be a gmail address or one supplied by any other email supplier.  Once changed the third party email address is used as the sign in username for accessing the My Virgin Media account for the VM email address and for accessing VM webmail.

You can read more about changing usernames here: https://www.virginmedia.com/dpb/help/change-my-virgin-media-email-address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There's nothing wrong with my TV either, even though VM say there is.

If they fall down on that, then it's more than likely they can't distinguish between TV and Email faults.

Phoning is pointless as their auto systems are designed to send customers round in circles until we get so frustrated we give up, aka stop bothering them 😡

Help is a dirty word at Virgin Media, and has been for years!

Hi El_Defensor,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can advise there are some TV issues in your are, we advise some customer may have issues with playing On Demand and may have some pixilation, this will not be associated with the issue you are facing with some Emails.

Regards

Paul.