cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address deleted

lajoie
On our wavelength

Hello,

Sometime ago someone was good enough to give me instructios on how to add my wife`s email address to my account. This has worked well but, today her emails have disappeared.

It shows the window below. Can anyone advise in easy terms if I can restore her emails please? If it is a case of adding her account again, I cant find the instructions so I would be obliged if i could be given them again. My email is also a blueyonder one.

Thanks for any assistance, Steve

MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That message sounds like it is given by an email app. Can you/she still see your emails by logging into webmail with a browser?

VM stopped issuing new email addresses over a year ago, so this may affect what you can do to recover it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lajoie,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the secondary email account.

As jpeg1 has advised, we would first need to know please if she can access this via our webmail?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

lajoie
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. the emails are not available through Virgin media homepage. It was from there that I copied the message.

Thanks, Steve

Okay thank you.

Can you try the below steps please?

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details 
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail 
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password 
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked 
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

lajoie
On our wavelength

Hi, I have done the above but, it hasn't altered anything. I now see that it refers to third party apps, we dont use any tp apps. Only view on desktop or , on phone via the internet. I don't have the VM app on my phone.

Any further suggestions please?

Thanks Steve

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lajoie When you use your primary VM Mail webmail page to view additional email addresses webmail is acting as a third party app and therefore needs a generated app password for the account credentials.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi lajoie

If that hasn't worked, we will need to raise an IT ticket.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team