cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Hacked

Mew34
Joining in

My virgin.net email has been hacked. The hacker has sent me an email from my own email address. I can no longer sign into my account on line as my email is not accepted - although my emails are still coming through on my phone and laptop. 

Please can anyone advise what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mew34 wrote:

My email has been hacked due to the Virgin data breech. I have posted about it and someone keeps deleting my posts. Can you please tell me why and who I need to contact? 

Your posts are NOT being deleted, they are being moved to the response boards that are monitored by staff. Community Natter is not a monitored board. Please do not multiple post on the same issue repeatedly or the software will think you are spamming & block you.

Staff responses can take several days as posts are reviewed in rotation. Bumping the tread by adding more content only puts you to the back of the queue, so you just have to be patient & wait for a response.

Thanks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Mew34
Joining in

My virgin.net email has been hacked. The hacker has sent me an email from my own email address. I can no longer sign into my account on line as my email is not accepted - although my emails are still coming through on my phone and laptop. 

Please can anyone advise what to do? Is there a number/email anyway to contact virgin?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mew34 wrote:

The hacker has sent me an email from my own email address.

But that does not mean that your email account has been hacked. It is very easy for scammers to spoof (falsify) an email to make it appear to have come from your account. If they send the email from an insecure non VM email  server any where in the world then the email will arrive in your inbox.

Scammers do that all the time to hide their own identity and, in the case of extortion / blackmail emails, to make you believe they have access to your accounts.

I can no longer sign into my account on line as my email i......my emails are still coming through on my phone and laptop.

Sadly that's a sign that the email account is in the first stages of being deleted by VM. First they remove access to the webmail account on the VM website and then, often sometime, later close down the mailbox itself, In the mean time you can still access the email account via email apps and clients which is what you seem to be experiencing.

"Please can anyone advise what to do? Is there a number/email anyway to contact virgin?"

Do you have a Virgin Media broadband account? VM staff can only support email accounts that are linked to a live VM broadband account. If you can confirm that you are a VM broadband customer then the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will be able to check this out for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Mew34
Joining in

Hi,

Please can someone help me? My Virgin.net email has been hacked as part of the data breech. The hacker has control of my account so I can't log on to the Virgin website. I am still getting emails. I want to keep my account and get the password changed by Virgin. Has anyone got any idea how I do this?

Please help.

Mew34
Joining in

Hi,Please can someone help me? My Virgin.net email has been hacked as part of the data breech. The hacker has control of my account so I can't log on to the Virgin website. I am still getting emails. I want to keep my account and get the password changed by Virgin.

Can anyone help?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Why do you keep reposting the same message?

Your first post received a reply from an expert. Read it and reply. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Mew34
Joining in

My email has been hacked due to the Virgin data breech. I have posted about it and someone keeps deleting my posts. Can you please tell me why and who I need to contact? 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mew34 wrote:

Your posts are NOT being deleted, they are being moved to the response boards that are monitored by staff. Community Natter is not a monitored board. Please do not multiple post on the same issue repeatedly or the software will think you are spamming & block you.

Staff responses can take several days as posts are reviewed in rotation. Bumping the tread by adding more content only puts you to the back of the queue, so you just have to be patient & wait for a response.

Thanks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @Mew34,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel your email address/account has been compromised. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at things for you. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you so much for you reply. I don't have a virgin broadband account. It is an old virgin.net accoutn

I have tried everything I can.

Thank you so much