cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access emails keep getting forbidden.

Vanquish1
On our wavelength

Please can anyone talk me through how to sort this? Tried 150 but have been told different things. Are there any Virgin media customer services around who could take pity on a very stressed 61 year old carer who does struggle with technology. Would be so very much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay, no problem.  I am going to take this one step at a time.

And also - I would have replied sooner but I only just received notice of your post :(..

Are you able to log into the website here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media ?

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Vanquish1 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your emails at this time. 

Can you advise if you're looking to access your Virgin Media mailbox or is it email client such as gmail or outlook you cannot gain access to?

Do you get the same error when you try a different device or browser? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have had a call and the guy did try quite hard to help. He thinks it is down to the 'outrage' and is calling back on Tuesday.

FYI he is also putting things through to the technical team but since emails are 'free' it wont be high priority. Frankly I am very very upset although Daryl was patient and ran through a lot of checks even trying to put the email facility on my mobile as well as laptop but it would not accept it.

I am sorry to hear that Daryl was not able to resolve on the call with you. 

The second line faults team for IT issues such as email issue, will be the next step in looking to see if we can get this resolved for you at our side. 

Please allow 5 working days for the team to work on the issue and they should be in touch to discuss further. 

Keep us posted if you have not heard anything this time next week and we can chase the team for an update for you.  

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thanks - but as a vulnerable customer it is very distressing. I do have an alternative email but a lot of my important emails come through on virgin and not everyone will have the alternative one. 

I would recommend that you have your Virgin Media email as a back up, rather than your main email address for the more important emails or at least have the emails you would like to keep archived somewhere else, as Virgin Media email addresses are linked to your broadband service account. 

Should you ever leave your Virgin Media broadband service for another provided, you would also lose access to the email as well, so I would suggest it best to make the alternative email you main one, just in case such as time does come, and you've not lost important emails that you wished to keep.

It is ultimately up to you how you would like to have your emails, but just a heads up that any Blueyonder, NTLworld and Virgin email addresses linked to the account are deleted 90 days after disconnecting the broadband services (should you ever choose too in the future). 

The team will do all they can to assist further in gaining you access back to your Virgin Media email account. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thanks Carly. Yes I do really want my emails back and then I will look at an alternative email but would still like to have the virgin one. I am reasonably happy with the internet  and phone and have a contract so not looking to leave at the moment. 

That's great to hear!

Absolutely, we provided the free email service for anyone that wishes to have one for the time they are with us. 

Have a lovely rest of your day and keep us updated with what the team advise and if they have managed to resolve the issue for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

I can take pitty on you, might not be able to help though. 

Are you trying to access email through the website (https://mail.virginmedia.com/) on the browser, or some other way.  If it's another way then can you state it (Phone, Computer, Tablet, Smartfridge).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Yes trying on my laptop through the browser. I do feel as a vulnerable customer that the tech team ought to give me more priority as my husband is 84. I will take Carly's advice though and start to move the more important things away from the virgin email. 

Any help would be gratefully received but tbh I think I have to wait for the Technical Team. I think somehow my account has been locked for 'suspicious activity', but Daryl thinks that may have been caused by the outrage. I just need it unlocked but it does not appear to be that simple.