cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder passwords

Daza1001
Joining in

I have a few old blueyonder email accounts.

I have long forgotten passwords. How can I obtain or reset them?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6

TableTop
Up to speed

OK this could be difficult, firstly, you can’t possibly ‘obtain them’, not even VM knows them, they aren’t stored in a way that they can be read directly. Yes, I know, sounds bizarre, how can VM not know them, but trust me on this one!

What you need to do, is to go to the VM website select email and attempt to log in with the email address(es) in question and select the forgotten password option. Now this will ask for the answers to various security questions (wife’s brother’s second cousin’s inside leg measurement), pass those and it should let you reset the password.

What? You never set any of these security answers up, because you were never asked to? Oh dear!

You will need to then call customer services and request that they reset the passwords for these accounts, but you will have to prove (for obvious reasons), that these are ‘your’ email addresses and you aren’t just some scammer, trying it on!

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Daza1001

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Thank you for your query regarding your email accounts. We want to do our best to help. I can see you recently contacted our team regarding this issue. Was the issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

Is there a recent solution to this? I saw some solutions back in August in the community messages but hopefully there is something better.

Giving customer care the password you want to use for them to change is not a secure system as you are giving them access to your personal details which rather defeats the object of a secure process.

Thanks

Since the passwords and email accounts were migrated to a whole new account you can't easily reset so you are going to need to phone and at that point the rep on the phone can see/know what password they put in.  So you need to phone to get it changed, then log in and set up all of your recovery details and change your password - because you don't want staff knowing your password.  I never give them anything near a regular password, just pick 3 words for them to use - but be sure they know how to spell them and say them lol... virginsecuritystinks is a strong password and will not be brute forced in the half an hour it takes you to change everything around ;P...

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Hi @Buzzpipaluk thanks for your post here - we hope you're well.

We'd like to help here, but you wouldn't need to provide us with your password, as mentioned in this thread if you use the Forgotten Password option you should be able to reset this yourself without telling a member of staff what you'd like this to be.

If you do need further help though once you've tried this, please don't hesitate to let us know and we can assist further if required!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for the suggestion, but that was already tried a number of times without success. The response message you get is "this action is not possible, please call customer care". Evidently this does not work with Additional Email Addresses, not the main user email.

Looks like some roundabout system has to be used as suggested by @VMCopperUser above.

Why do VM make this so difficult when 2factor authentication is a universal standard nowadays?

Thanks Buzz