cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder and VM account issues

Selby287
Just joined

I have had my Blueyonder account for 25+ years.  it was working fine up until 5pm today.  I am a Virgin Media customer and have been for the same time period.

i access my account via mail app on my iphone.  

i tried to access my emails via the VM account and it says it is locked. i have had to change the login email address to a third party email account, and i have reset the password on the VM account.

i have put the new password on my iphone mail app account and i get the following message

Cannot get mail No password provided for blueyonder.co.uk please go to Mail Account settings and enter a password

I cant access the VM account to view my emails either as it is locked

my whole life is in my email account - help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Selby287 Recent security changes made by VM have complicated the sign in process.

If you have successfully changed the My Virgin Media account username to a third party email address and set a new password that should allow you to access the My VM account using the new third party email address as the username together with the new passport.  However this process does not change the password for use with email clients or apps.  For those you need to continue to use the full blueyonder email address as the username together with the old password.  If this still doesn't work then you will need to follow the process to generate an app password to use with email clients/apps.

This is done through the My Virgin Media account for the blueyonder email address concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Selby287 Recent security changes made by VM have complicated the sign in process.

If you have successfully changed the My Virgin Media account username to a third party email address and set a new password that should allow you to access the My VM account using the new third party email address as the username together with the new passport.  However this process does not change the password for use with email clients or apps.  For those you need to continue to use the full blueyonder email address as the username together with the old password.  If this still doesn't work then you will need to follow the process to generate an app password to use with email clients/apps.

This is done through the My Virgin Media account for the blueyonder email address concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

unfortunately I am locked out of the VM account even with a new password.

i am unsure of my blueyonder password - it was set up for automatic login on the iphone

the only thing i did differently today was i went into London to collect important documents. i accessed my emails using my phone and it all stopped

i get a message saying that my virgin media mail account is currently unavailable - either it is locked or i dont have an active account anymore.

my account is very active so not sure why it has been locked

brilliant - this worked!  I have my email life back ha ha!  thank you so much

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pleased to read that the app password unlocked the account and resolved the issue for you.