cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access old Blueyonder account

Pottsman
Joining in

Hi,

I set up a Blueyonder account for my son many years ago which he has used very little - but he would like to start using it now. 

Unfortunately I can see no way in MyVM to access this old account. I can’t set it up again as it appears still to be live (it has denied a fresh password)

I still use all VM services. How do I access the account please?

thanks

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pottsman wrote:

Unfortunately I can see no way in MyVM to access this old account. I can’t set it up again as it appears still to be live (it has denied a fresh password)

Before I go any further, I would strongly advise your son that he would be much better  off setting a new email account from one of the many excellent dedicated email providers rather than committing to use this Blueyonder email account.

The reason I say that is that VM stopped issuing new email addresses over 2 years ago. Since then all new VM customers have to use their existing email address to sign up to VM and existing VM customers can no longer create additional email accounts. VM still support the email accounts of current customers but the number of live VM email account is reducing all the time. As a result the future of the VM email service is unknown,

However, to answer your question:

For quite  a while now all secondary VM email accounts (so, Blueyonder, Ntworld, Virgin.net and Virginmedia.com email accounts) all have had their own My Virgin Media account.

So, if you know the email address and password for this email account you can simply access it by entering its email address in the link you normally use to access you own My Virgin Media account. Then enter the email account password for that email account when prompted.

That will take you to the My Virgin Media Account for that email account. The link to access the Webmail account is in the usual place you find it in the link in your own MVM account.

Alternatively you can also access any VM (Blueyonder) email account directly from this link

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ . without going via the MVM account at all. Again just enter the relevant email address and its password.

I always have a slight concern when people refer to old Blueyonder email accounts because many Blueyonder "email accounts" were actually created as alias addresses of the main Blueyonder emait account.

That means they have the same password as the main Blueyonder email account and all emails sent to them also appears in the main Blueyonder account.  However ,best ignore my concerns for the moment. 🙄  Let's assume this other Blueyonder account is a fully fledged secondary account and try the simple route to access the account I have described.

Coenoby.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks