cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL Email Stopped Working

p2jhad
Joining in

I hope someone can help me as I am at my wits end. 
my NTL world email suddenly stopped working on 29/04/24. I cannot get into my virgin media account as it asked me to change my password so I did. Now it isn’t recognising the new password. Virgin media are no help whatsoever. I’m going round in circles. The emails that go to that address are so important and I need to gain access. Is anyone else experiencing problems? Can anyone please help? I don’t know what to try. 
thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

notsonewuser
On our wavelength

Snap!

My ntlworld account was locked a couple of weeks ago.  I 'm being sent in loops around changing email addresses and passwords while chasing some magical App password  . If I can't get my ntlworld email back I see no point in continuing with Virgin mediocre at all

Bill

notsonewuser
On our wavelength

You might try to get a APP password from the VM login page.

Apparently to cause us more trouble for security reasons VM (virgin mediocre) issue a special password to allow the app to login without multi-factor confirmation (AKA total BS!) .

However, I have found the process of generating such a password ,close to impossible .

Initially , it asks you to use an external email service (the suspicion here is the VM can now dump its email service for , you know, profit security reasons ) . Then it sends a reset password link to that address.

The link will take you to java script driven page that  does not seem to accept anything (even the gibberish that firefox PW generator creates) - searching the web however, one can find some hints like starting it with a letter and including a !,#, or * or some other stupid ideas.

What happens next I can only guess at: My attempts resulted in frustration and on the one occasion I got past the java it sent me in a loop back to sending reset link .

I can't seem to contact VM at all - even the phone  line (0345  454 1111) seems dead.

Best of luck and try not to get too stressed

Bill

GeeUU
Tuning in

Ditto here in sunny Leicestershire! A farcical situation of Virgin Media's own making.  No wonder they are bottom of all customer satisfaction surveys.  They do not recognise the importance of email to us mere mortal customers.  I am only too willing to change to a better (there must be many...) ISP after some 20+ years with NTL then VM. This does not resolve my email problems now but, perhaps, allows me to let off a little steam.