cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

As of July 2023, you’ll no longer be able to pay your Virgin Media bill over the phone. Not to worry though, we still have plenty of payment options for you to choose from.

Save time and switch to Direct Debit

The quickest and easiest way to pay your bill. With Direct Debit your monthly payment is taken automatically on or around your preferred payment date.

Set up a Direct Debit with ease

1. Sign in to your My Virgin Media account
  2. Go to ‘View bill’ at the top of your dashboard
  3. Then set up Direct Debit and select ‘Set up now’
  4. Fill in the form with your account name, number and sort code
  5. Confirm and submit your Direct Debit details

Can’t remember your login details? Get help signing in here.

Looking for a one-off?

We also offer other payment options, such as one-off payments online. This lets you make a quick, one-off payment now. All we need is your name and postcode, you don’t even have to sign in!

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/billing-and-payment/make-a-payment 

9 Comments
Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Indeed. Under section I.5.2 of the current Ts and Cs VM customers can choose to pay their bills by cash, cheque, debit and credit card.

Where should cash payments be paid in to please and does VM give change? 

carl_pearce
Community elder

How to pay by cash

Go to a PayPoint or a Post Office

Take any paper bill with a barcode to a PayPoint or post office. To find your closest PayPoint, go to the PayPoint site.

Go to your bank

Complete the payment slip at the bottom of your paper bill and take it to your nearest bank. But sending your payment this way will mean it’ll take longer to reach us.

Rillington
Up to speed

Can someone please find out why VM no longer allows customers to pay their bill, presumably all or part of it, over the telephone?

carl_pearce
Community elder

Did you read the info in the link?

How to pay over the phone

You can contact us by calling 0800 064 3777.

You’ll need Your Account number and area reference number which you’ll find on your bill.

Once you’ve made a payment, we can securely save your card details so that if you phone us again it’ll be easier for you to make a payment.

vmrunreliable
Superfast

Maybe the first paragraph on the original post,  which states

As of July 2023, you’ll no longer be able to pay your Virgin Media bill over the phone.

gave the impression that as of July 2023, you'll no longer be able to pay your Virgin Media bill over the phone. 

carl_pearce
Community elder

If that's that case maybe they should update the site.

Alihudo
Joining in

Since this my account won’t update I’ve made a payment, I’ve sent bank statements.. I’ve been told over phone and forum that my accounts paid and it’s now not due till September 25th but yet my account says I’m over due and I’ve gotta pay august.. why can’t your system update it?!

IMG_1920.jpeg

bheavers
Joining in

Get the billing right and people may like DD more 

I’m in contract with virgin at £32 signed in May 2023

I received an email on August 1st 2023 for 18 months and £38 a month 

I phoned August 7th or something like and told it was spam and ignore it 

since then it’s been embarrassing by Virgin

Taken the non contracted value from my bank

signed me up with no consent to an 18month agreement 

Broke my existing contract with no reason

False promises it is resolved 

no call backs

Breach in own complaints policy

Ofcom Billing and Metering breaches in various areas 

……. The personal insult is being fobbed off, as a former Billing Manager of Virgin and current Billing and Collections manager at another telco, by call centre staff telling me I’m wrong !!  

D_D
Joining in

I’m having a nightmare like this just now 😩

can’t get a straight answer from anyone and when I requested a call back from a manager, they haven’t followed through or with any other requests of evidence after they have broken the direct debit guarantee!!!