cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_DW

We are pleased to announce the latest updates (5.06 & 5.07) for TV 360 and Stream. Here are the key changes:-

Programme tiles changing from portrait to landscape

To make the programme tiles more visible, these will now show in landscape across the majority of screens including Boxsets & Movies, Recommendations and Watchlists

Dave_DW_1-1706090899852.png

Setting descriptions

For a better understanding of the various settings options available, these will now display a description next to the setting

Dave_DW_2-1706090899862.png

Profile creation screen

The content categories you can select when creating a new profile have been refreshed to match the most popular selections

Dave_DW_3-1706090899885.png

Progress bar on home screen

The progress bar which shows how much of a show has been watched will now only display on the highlighted programme

Dave_DW_4-1706090899907.png

My Watchlist (*Stream boxes only*)

The My Watchlist functionality has been improved. Whereas previously you could only add upcoming shows to your watchlist you can now add any programme, including those that have already aired through Catch Up.

We will keep you updated on future updates. Previous updates can be found here:-

Update 5.05

Update 5.02

Update 5.01

22 Comments
Macleanac
Tuning in

When a update is done do you really have to wipe all login information for the streaming apps? Just had to re-log in to all of them except prime.

Stephen93
Up to speed

When watching a program on the Watchlist, after you’ve viewed it & go back to the Watchlist, the sound from that last program still plays until you go to a Live channel or another program from the Watchlist, the same happens when you go from a Live channel back to the Watchlist the live program sound overlays it.

Also, nothing to do with the new software, a lot on shows on Ch4 from the tv guide or when searching you can’t add them to the Watchlist only set a reminder, very strange, is there a reason?

Stephen93
Up to speed

You say you can add any program, you can’t with a lot of Ch4 shows only a reminder, this was happening before the update

Danloki
Tuning in

How do you update a 360 box I see no option

Stephen93
Up to speed

Danloki, sorry I only have the VM Stream Box, very impressed, can’t get a 360, they don’t do one in an XPON area

Steve

wayne1956
On our wavelength

is virgin stream any good or is it better to get sky stream?

Stephen93
Up to speed

Yes better than Sky Stream, I had that when it first came out using Sky Broadband, 50mbps  the buffering was terrible, programs wouldn’t play properly, sent it back.

When VM came into our area I went for the VM Stream box, very fast, no buffering, you get a Tvguide all in HD select what you want to watch then add it to your Watchlist, then highlight the show, it lists all the episodes & tells you when the next one is on, I’m very impressed & the wife is also.

its cheaper than Sky Stream, you can add Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Etc,. when you do you get 10% off each subscription every month, you don’t have to subscribe to anything & you can fast forward through adverts for no extra cost, it’s £5 a month on Sky Stream 

would definitely recommend

unisoft
Well-informed

I have both 🙂 Sky Stream did have major firmware issues and breakup of picture last year - its now sorted. VM also had their share of issues early on like the bird graphic appearing moaning of connection when it was fine. Only bug for me on Sky Stream is turning it on and network connection not always being there despite many other devices being fine all the time (its third party router as VM hub in modem mode, but has scheduled Wifi on/off times). VM Stream is much cheaper and faster hardware and monthly for many subscriptions but the Entertainment channels pack has far less than Sky as a result. Personally I'd like to see Euronews added and Sky has CNN. That's TV would be nice but think this is an issue with Sky Stream even. And the QVC shopping channel for when the mother in law comes round as Sky Stream has that....

corky123
Dialled in

After updating to 5.07 earlier finally the audio issue is fixed during the itv1 adverts, but what is up with the tv channel always being displayed in the bottom right hand side every time you turn it on ? 

like a small Picture in Picture view with no option to turn it off, so you have to press the back button it seems to get it back to full screen.

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic
  • Loving the new update so far, the menus look so much cleaner in landscape format. 
Chrisk84
Tuning in

I have had nothing but issues with viegin media recently, the 360 update worst thing I ever did should have stuck with plain old tivo at least that worked. Continually deleting every recording I have. After contacting them over a week ago I was told that the box and WiFi hub were faulty and they would be in contact for engineer who would replace them and they would also credit my bill. The guy today after it said can't playback basically said that hub isn't old and is working normally and box is ok. No engineer has been booked and I'm still having issues. Asked for a supervisor call back that I doubt I will receive and still no working box. Internet barley works in the room I'm in never mind anywhere else in house. Absolutely no help whatsoever other than to tell me I'm talking crap. Asked for a supervisor to to listen to previous calls and call me back to sort the issues with the box and WiFi hub. 

Dave6018
On our wavelength

I am leaving Virgin Media on the 19th, but my Sky Stream equipment arrived the other day, and wow, every program is available to watch from the start. The picture quality is amazing, and then we have Dolby Digital Plus versus Dolby Digital on Virgin. Then the movie channels come with Dolby Atmos. Oh, and Sky Atlantic, how I have missed you! So in hindsight, the Virgin Media retention team has done me a favor. The best thing is, come 18 months with Sky, and if they don't offer me a great deal, I can come back to Virgin and take advantage of a new customer offer, then rinse and repeat.

Stephen93
Up to speed

I had Sky Stream with Sky Broadband speed 61mps, it kept buffering, all I could watch is Live TV, it was terrible so I sent it back, got Apple TV which is good but you can’t fast forward through adverts.

Then VM became available so got their stream box, very impressed, has its faults but only minor but you can FFW & RW through all adverts & a lot cheaper than Sky, 

hope if you’re going with Sky Broadband you get a fast speed.

andyland
On our wavelength

You seem to have missed out what is probably the biggest improvement in this update - pressing the remote's record button now adds a programme to the wishlist in one single click. For a long time the lack of this function puzzled me, but it's great to see the record button finally being used for something useful and relatively intuitive.

Stephen93
Up to speed

Didn’t realise the red button did that on the Stream Remote, I’ll git it a try

jhe103
Joining in

Twice in 8 days I have lost all recordings and all my planned recordings have deleted!

all settings on 360 box are correct.

spent a total of 90 mins on the phone so far with 2 phone calls

told today by Virgin there has been an outage others are having the same problem.

virgin are to phone me back in 5 days 

very frustrating 

is this due to the update ? 

Dave6018
On our wavelength

Love reading these forums, the best thing Virgin Media retentions did to make me ditch Virgin TV. Virgin TV360 is like something out of the dark ages versus Sky Stream.

Bid1
On our wavelength

is the new update 5:08 an minor update?  Thanks. 

Peterborough44
Tuning in

Hiya yes there was an update for the streambox as well and the 360 box Hiya yes there was an update for the streambox as well and 360 box and the Virgin is 5.08 for both of the boxes

WendyR1
Joining in

I have a really old TIVO box. How do I get an upgrade?