cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to Check Service status for 'Tenants'

jimi-eh
On our wavelength

On this video it says I can access Service status with a phone number and postcode, without signing in;  Please can someone tell me if that is possible and what URL I need to find it.

How to check if there's a problem with my Virgin Media services?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDmb0UllKX4

at 0:28  (secs) in, it says there is a place for this, can someone confirm it exists/where it is , thank you.

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The url is shown after 20 seconds on that youtube video, entering that url automatically redirects and opens the following page..

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status 

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this:

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jimi-eh
On our wavelength

Hi Dave,

I tried that already, and it offers the the same page ;  the one with the payer's name and the postcode.   It effectively re-directs to the other one :

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/check/service-status/identification/identify

I am a tenant so am denied that information - dumb I know.

All best

Chris

jimi-eh
On our wavelength

Hi Tudor

Thanks , I tried that number and it appears to require an account number and phone number.  They then request you download the app.

I have no acccess to any of those as I am a tenant, alhtough I will try get the phone number...

Talk talk offered a similar system which took a phone number and post code, and did not require signing in.  Is there something similar for Virgin media?

Any other ideas?

jimi-eh
On our wavelength

Thanks to you both, if we dont get too many more answers, maybe is there a place I can offer Virgin media some new use cases and some feed back, as it would be great to have such essential information accessible for all - especially for tenants - landlords can be cantankerous, espcially with the view to handing personal infromation to strangers... Which is understandable.(awaiting VM member to contact me perhaps?)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris.

Enter your landlords surname (I would expect you to know this) and the properties postcode, or if you have a VM landline then dial 150

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris,

Ask your landlord to check or give you the account details.

What exactly is the problem you have which means you want to check the statud, we may be able to help. Include a brief description and any error codes and messages

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

carl_pearce
Community elder

The site hasn't been working for the last few days. It says "Sorry, we couldn't find your account".

When I sign into my account and access the site it says the same thing, so broken I think!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Carl

It's working for me. Apparently there is a local TV issue with ITV+1 however I have no problems with that channel

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.