cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official: VM most complained-about again

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

According to official Ofcom stats Virgin Media remained the most complained about broadband, landline and pay-TV provider in Q4 2023.

Customers’ complaints were again mainly driven by how their complaints were being handled.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/telecoms-and-pay-tv-compl...

If you think Ofcom should know about your treatment by VM click here https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).
6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst there's no getting away from Ofcoms report, the actual number of customers complaining aren't shown via the above link, I don't know where they got their figures from but 

/broadbandtvnews./virgin-improves-in-ofcom-telecoms-and-pay-tv-complaints-list/  suggest

The figures are relatively low with just 0.020% of customers complained to Ofcom about broadband services; 0.013% complained about their pay-TV service; 0.013% complained about their landline service; and 0.007% complained about their O2 mobile service.

As per /digitaltveurope.com/2024/04/17/virgin-media-tops-ofcom-complaints-list-again/ 

Fergal Farragher, Ofcom’s Policy Director, said: “We can see from these latest figures that customer dissatisfaction remains at a similar level to the previous quarter. While there has been an improvement in Virgin Media’s performance, its position at the bottom of our tables shows there is further room for improvement.”

And as indicated in the previous quarters set of figures /digitaltveurope.com/2024/01/25/virgin-media-tops-ofcom-complaints-list-following-probe/    'Ofcom acknowledged that a factor in Virgin Media’s complaints figures for this quarter was its launch of an investigation into customers’ difficulties cancelling contracts and how the company handled complaints, launched last July.' Therefore this quarters figures will also be factored by this investigtion. 

I read a lot of posts (not just on the VM Community Forums, but also social media sites) that make me wonder what volume of customers complain directly to Ofcom (thinking that Ofcom will resolve their issues) rather than going through VM's full complaints process and then using the ADR scheme if necessary.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Coming back on those numbers "just" 0.02% of the VM broadband customer base of 5.8 million is a massive 116,000 customers.

That's enough to fill one and a half Wembley Stadiums with customers so disgruntled with VM that they have gone to the time and trouble during their busy lives to register their complaint with Ofcom.

There is no way of making this pretty I'm afraid. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

alanwils
Tuning in

I have complained to Ofcom. The more that do it, the better

MattL3
Tuning in

I am not surprised

I have had to register, they are a nightmare

I have complained and will complain again as they have further misled me.  EE are rolling out in Birmingham, thank god!