cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate volt is no more.

mda99das
Up to speed

Really disappointed to learn the ultimate volt bundle is no more.

Being replaced with megavolt.

For £85 , half a gig BB. Landline, 1 box, no BT sports. Just includes netflix sky sports and sky cinema. 02 SIM. 1 gig and additional boxes are extra.

6 REPLIES 6

mark_84
On our wavelength

Luckily I have a year left on my contract but if it’s still the same next year I doubt I will be renewing. One of the main reasons I took the bundle was for the sports and two tv boxes.

I don’t understand why they have stripped it back so much unless they are trying to generate more money for adding all the extras?

They are in a maelstrom of debt hence the package shrinkflation. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

mda99das
Up to speed

I joined for the same reason as was with sky before but managed to get 3 boxes in total. My contract ends in Dec. I'm happy with the service but the true test will come when I have to cancel. I mainly watch the cricket and BT had some decent footie. Have to figure out what to do. I have community fibre offering 1 gig broadand only for 25/ month 

Is that liberty global who are in debt?

See https://www.fitchratings.com/research/corporate-finance/fitch-affirms-vmed-o2-uk-ltd-at-bb-outlook-s... (although Fitch get the CPI price hike wrong - VM of course have chosen the higher RPI). 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

mda99das
Up to speed

TBF anything that is BBB or less is junk bond status. I was looking to see if there was any issuance of any more bonds, and the only ones I could see had a maturity date of 2030, and a coupon of 3.75% has a clean price of 81.83.

As we are inverted at the short end of the yield curve and the BoE probably going to hike another 25 bps, what would the risk profile look like.

3.5% coupon every year until 2030 = 7 * 3.5% *81.83 + 100 at maturity and its roughly 121.48. ROI =121.48/81.83 =1.48, and if we take the 7th root to get an approximate annual ROI =1.0586 or 5.86% ROI YoY.  To put things in context S&P 500 has an average of 9% / year. So if you want to play it safe buy treasury bonds or a vanguard or equivalent SPX ETF.