cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: This 'new' community forum site

newuser23
On our wavelength

Is there any other forum or site where a new user can ask questions and learn more?  This one is hopeless. If I can't get support here I might cancel while I still can

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @newuser23 

You could possibly go into your browser settings and switch to desktop mode as that may help.

Have you looked at the online https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband  pages to check if anything there can offers the support you need?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @newuser23 

Welcome to the  community forums.   If you create a post detailing what you would like to know, or state any issues that you may have  then we can try and help you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you newappollo.  I have a few queries about networking with the Virgin router and I wanted to read before asking questions that are probably answered already. I finally found a list of pinned questions but its so difficult to navigate on a phone. Looks like its only meant to be used on a PC.

Is there a more easy support place for Virgin broadband?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @newuser23 

You could possibly go into your browser settings and switch to desktop mode as that may help.

Have you looked at the online https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband  pages to check if anything there can offers the support you need?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Yes thank you I have been looking in there. I'm beginning to find my way around the site now, I just don't understand why they make it so hard.

Looks like its only meant to be used on a PC.

It is also difficult to use the new version of the community page on a PC

The VM community website page has changed and is not that easy to use now, I used the old version since 2019 and found it easy but the new layout is difficult and no longer easy to manage posts.

I suppose they have merged it with the 02 community software, I presume the administrators/forum must have a different version to the public as the current version is not user friendly and has limited information, it has been streamlined into a more basic community page, I use a lot of other community pages, most are very simple and easy to use.

I will still use the service when I have any issues, but it totally different now to the old version which I preferred.

However it is possible to place a post and get an answer, but I think the new website will not encourage the active participation from members due to a confusing website which is very hard to navigate and manage and does not encourage me to use it for community activity.

The font in the posts can not be changed to italic or bold, it works on screen but when posted the text is not changed.

There is no easy way to bring up your own posts/replies either, I think I will give up with it.

(have to click on my profile from menu top right icon and select reply)-still learning

I have to note down the users names now to keep a check on a thread, there is no current history, what a shambles.

I am getting used to it, just knowing where to find things, some imaged removed now, looking up old posts harder, have to keep loading more.

update- the italic/bold font text does show in the post if you log out, but does not show if still logged in-unusual?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newuser23 

In the mobile version click on the hamburger icon to the left of the Virgin Media logo to open a drop-down list of all the community forums.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I found that. It's a pity that's not more obvious, like most users groups.

But when I go to the forum I have to swipe up over and over again to get through all the pinned items, every time.  It's not very helpful, I don't want to do that every time.

Thanks anyway for your help. I'll stay away unless there's a serious problem.

update- the italic/bold font text does show in the post if you log out, but does not show if still logged in-unusual?

I had switched off the  HTML content in profile settings, it need to be on for italic/bold to show, so now switched back on.

AllenSmith
Dialled in

What are you needing help with?

I don’t work for VM but happy to help.

Allen Smitth
If my post was helpful, please give me Kudos. If I have answered your query then please mark it as an accepted solution.
My Broadband Ping - VM Connection