cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report a Virgin Media van persistently blocking my vehicle in on my estate?

Davidsw1
Joining in

A Virgin Media van persistently, several times a week is left behind my vehicle at a private parking area.  It is not left in a designated space, mine is in a paid for space but I can't get my vehicle in or out because the van is close behind.  It's left from 4.30pm until early morning the next morning.  I have multiple photos of multiple occasions to send Virgin Media.  Can someone please advise who in Virgin Media can deal with this please?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You might get a VM reply about this on here (that kind of issue does get regular mentions on here). Sometimes it results in the van being moved. Sometimes nothing happens (as reported in past topics).

If you are in a private parking area, who controls the space and what enforcement in is in place? You might get a more direct result that way if the van is not parking in accordance with the local car park rules.

Alternatively have you put a (polite) note on the van explaining the problem? I recently had someone keep parking across my driveway overnight but didn't know who the person was or which property was involved. I left a polite note on their window overnight asking them not to block the entrance and the problem stopped.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Davidsw1, thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here.

Welcome to the VM community, it's nice to have you on board. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of this parking issue caused by a VM van, also thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In order to be able to help we'll need a few bits of info in regard, for a start could you please post a picture from the van on-site here (ideally where we can also see the plate number), if possible?

Once we have this we can advise on the next steps, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri

Thanks for your reply.  This stopped for a week or so but has now started again and continues to be a nuisance - please see attached photo.  The vehicle registration number is BP22 YKR.  I have tried leaving a friendly note on the windscreen requesting they do not leave the vehicle there (all night until 7am) as I need to be able to get in or out of my bay (the black Citroen in the photo) and I can provide a photo of this if necessary.  I'll continue to take a photo of the van until they stop parking there.  This is a social housing block and I am also going to ask the landlord to take action on this but I also expect some movement from Virgin Media's side as it is your van and you are the legal owners.  Thanks, in anticipation of your help.  David BP22 YKRBP22 YKR

Hi Davidsw1, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that this is happening and will send you a PM to get some details as we will need the area for the nearest area field manager. 

Kind regards, Chris.