cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go App asking to register same device every time

SvenCol
Joining in

I have Virgin TV Go App installed on my Windows 10 laptop which is already a registered device with my virgin account.

Every time I try to watch live TV through the APP it asks me to register the same device (i.e. replace a device) - I now have this same device 3 times in my list of 5.  Plus it is using up one of my 3 changes allowed every time meaning I can't now change for a month.  Upshot is I can't watch live TV.

I stress that I am using the TV Go APP - not via a browser.

Is there a fix for this as I am sure it has been experienced by others?

Thanks

Sven

29 REPLIES 29

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SvenCol 👋
A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with TV GO. 

Usually, the only time, it would result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes is if you clearing cache and cookies.

I can reset your registered devices for you.

Will pop you a PM 📩 now to assist further. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @SvenCol 

The registered devices have now been reset.

Let me know if you encounter any further issues. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have the same problem all devices used up and now have to wait until 26th november !!

Can you please reset my devices? This is so annoying....

Hi @madheaduk thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues when attempting to use our TV Go service. I would like to help with your request. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi. Please could you reset mine as mine is doing the same and it is saying I can't use it till 1st December

HI 

js2910 here.  email : removed

I have the same problem and have been trying to get the Community to reset the erroneous registrations ,

Can you please reset registrations for me?

Thank you.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi @js2910 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having similar issues. I can see that my colleague has already supported you on your issue through private message. Should you have any further concerns on this issue, please reach out to them again and they'll be able to investigate this further for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Leonk10
Tuning in

I get asked to register device every time too, but it doesn't use up another slot. How do I fix that? Using the app on Galaxy S24

Hi Leonk10 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for joining this thread and raising your concerns. 

Would just like to be completely clear about what your issue is here - have you run out of available slots to register the device? 

Or are you concerned you are not being notified that a device slot is being used?

You can find more information about using TV GO here 👉 How to use Virgin TV Go app | Virgin Media Help . If  you need us to manually reset the devices for you please let us know and we can send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer help. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly