Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Red Light Router!

Hi,Im having a problem with my router, its now constantly showing a red light and often drops connections randomly. It is well ventilated and hasnt suffered any damage as far as I know, but is no longer performing adequately; It has been alternating ...

Ring Doorbell 4

Hi all since moving to Virgin from Sky I have noticed our ring doorbell is missing events and is showing RSSI-70 any ideas how to improve this and get the RSSI lower? thanks   

benw611 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Connect App - hub not found

I cannot get the VM connect app to work.  I have tried restarting my hub, restarting my phone, deleting an reinstalling the app, but nothing helps.  The app used to work fine but in the last 3 weeks or so it fails to connect no matter what I do.The b...

Broadband move

Good afternoon, what is the cost to have the broadband moved both internal and externally thanks Mark

JayJay13 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very slow upload speed

I have Virgin Business with 500MB download and 50MB upload.  Broadband has been working on this computer without problems for 6 months but went wrong yesterday: now have less than 1MB upload.  Other computers in the office are working OK.  Solutions ...

Constant orange light

Hi just had virgin hub 3 fitted by an engineer yesterday and I have a constant orange light I can connect to the internet but there are no green lights I can’t connect with the virgin connect app says can not find hub i have tried all the suggestions...

Resolved! Hub 3.0 Ethernet Connected Devices

Good MorningIs there a bug in the latest Hub 3.0 software? what I have noticed is connected ethernet devices are no-longer showing. (bot the Home & Connected Devices pages shows no ethernet connected devices anymore, but I have two ethernet devices w...

Resolved! Need to order Wi-Fi pods

Engineer advised I update to Wi-Fi pods to replace my old boosters. I have no idea how to do this as he said he’d take care of it for me and hasn’t. Can anyone help? 

Nicky20 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Green double arrow flashing on Hub 2ac

Good morning. Looking for a bit of advice please.On Monday around 3pm there was a service fault in my area and again yesterday. It is now saying all fine on service check on the app and the phone line.The issue I have is since these faults occurred m...

Clarky78 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos