Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Can't separate 2.4 and 5.0 GHZ - HUB 5

  There is no access to changing the frequency the various buttons are "greyed out" and although the SSID ends in 2.4GHz I think it is  a combined signal and my CCTV need just the single 2.4GHz frequency - I had no problem with my Hub 3.Any help out ...

IMG_3622 2.jpg IMG_3621.JPG
NW45 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

shocked to be honest-customer sevice call

hi ive been a customer for years , ive got 1gig fibre broadband and a sim card for o2 and they charge me 65 a month.2 months ago i was promised a hub 5 as soon as it was back in stock which would be 2 weeks.finally after two months i called and went ...

SNR and power level issue

Hi all,I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I've just got off the live chat with the support rep who was not very helpful and didn't seem to understand what I was saying. I've been getting odd latency issues in real time applica...

Screenshot_20230406_132354.png
neadaiv by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

No email or app confirmation of engineer visit

Hello,I recently joined virgin media last week on Monday and opted for the self install service as the previous tenants had it set up previously. After setting it up and activating - there is a green light flashing at the bottom of the hub. I’m able ...

Resolved! How to order a wifi pod?

There's areas of my house that get no wifi signal. When I run the Virgin Connect scan I get 'oops, something went wrong, try again or call 0345 454 1111 etc'. I know I need at least one additional wifi pod but there seems to be no menu option that le...

WIFI drops out.

So I've been tweeting back and forth with VM about this.My WiFi drops out randomly at least twice a day and sometimes more.Wired connection is fine but most things in my house are WiFi.I was asked to post some BQMs here but not completely sure what t...

internet is throttled during the day

hi there, any help would be great, ive been trying to figure out for ages why my internet is so slow during the day. When i do a speed test on testmy.net, it rangers from 10Mbps to 30Mbps and im on M250 fibre.ive got the hub in modem mode as i use go...

Refunds

Anyone know what the policy is for broadband failure? Are we automatically refunded for days where it’s down? Or do we need to claim? 2 days of distraction now! 

Turn off Advanced network error search.

Hi can someone Turn off Advanced network error search. I've tried the web page and looked for an option in my router but it's not on there, my wife works from home and her laptop isn't working because of this being on. Could effect her job so some qu...

Mrron77 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with Wi-Fi & Pods

HelloRecently I've had problems with the Wi-Fi from my Hub 3 and connection to my 3 Pods.I get approx. 540mbs on my ethernet cable to my PC but only get approx. 280mbs on my Wi-Fi. I have checked everything, done every Wi-Fi analyser test etc and che...