Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub 4 dropping to 5mbps

Can someone help the hub 4 is driving me mad. It runs at 200-300 mbps as it should but only for a short time and the rest of the time barely hits 10mbps. Resetting the router fixes it but not for long.

haris7 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Historical Log of devices to my router

Following a break in to a property I would like to know if there is any way to search for information of devices (mobile phones) that may have tried to connect to my WiFi, so that we can try to trace these devices. If anyone has any information that ...

Neb3000 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Engineer appointment

Previously had virgin installed a while back, so when it come to switching back i thoight it would be straight forward so i went for the self install. Turns out that the cable doesnt fix the previous fitting, so i need to arrange an engineer to come ...

CRSX by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Notification

When the broadband goes down in my area. Why am I not notified. Even when I try a rest on my app it takes about two hours before it updates to tell me that there is a problem in my area 

Resolved! Wi fi connection

Everytime I use the app to check my connection the app says that the hub is not connected and asks me to switch the hub off and restart it. I do and it takes about 15 minutes then I get the same thing happen when the hub  has restarted. Again asking ...

Regarding of rescheduling my kit return option

Hello,I have booked an appointment tomorrow with the collection team for the kit after my service disconnection,but unfortunately I have gone out of the town on emergency family situation,so I'm struggling to reschedule the appointment,so please anyo...

Blink Doorbell not connecting to Virgin Hub 4

Hi,Just bought a Blink Video Doorbell for my new house I've moved in to.Almost instantly come across an issue with getting the device setup/connected to the WiFi. Quite simply... It doesn't connect.Every time I try to set up the device, the Blink app...

Jbrim96 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random drop outs lots of T3 timeouts

Been suffering with some random dropouts and decided to have look at the SH4 logs and found a lot of T3 timeouts a small sample I’ve copied in.Hoping someone from VM tech support can contact me.Thanks.03/03/202319:56:016US profile assignment change. ...

verved1 by Tuning in
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Main hub disappeared

Hi guys,I’ve had my bands split for 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz for months all working fine. Just plugged in a Wi-Fi Pod and it’s taken out the normal 5Ghz “VM_____” network and only the 2.4 remains. Accessing router settings no longer gives me the options to sp...