Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Engineer visit disappeared

Had an engineer booked for Tuesday showing in the app as I have no services at the moment. However appointment has disappeared from the app.Are they likely to show?

nikguest by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gig1 broadband £33pm?

Currently got 250mbs internet which I'm paying £18pm for. My 18 month contract expires in 6 months so will have to go through the hassle of organising a new deal shortly however I've just had the option to upgrade to gig1 fibre for an additional £15p...

Hub 5 and customer service moans

Moved house two years ago, was promised a Hub 5 as soon as they came out of pilot phase.Upgraded to GB connection last year, was promised a Hub 5 as soon as possibleNo Hub 5Spoke  to Customer Service today - no record at all on the notes that a Hub 5...

derek765 by Dialled in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outage in SW18 area

We are experiencing an outage in our area - many people are saying the same. Can’t get an engineer until Tuesday though. Any ideas how this can be escalated?

Welkel by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Booking a technician

I have just spent nearly an hour on the phone trying to get someone to come out to either move the Omni? Box inside the house or relocate the wiring. I was told I'd get a text and an email to confirm this but nothing's come through. I've already spok...

Gypsycat by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

RDP Issues

We've just returned from holiday and what was an occasional drop out has become a complete block: we cannot connect to my wife's company using RDP.I've now spent hours with the broadband team (who did nothing) and the Rescue Gadget team (who complete...

Brabian by On our wavelength
  • 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Wi-Fi

Hi I am on M350 & unlimited landline I joined virginmedia around January 2023 time hardwired the hub is great but on Wi-Fi it’s like yo-yo going up and down, the last test I did had only a download speed of 19Mbps saying fair where can I get some pod...

IMG_2232.png
Bally1 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No internet from my hub 5, blue light flashing.

Hi there I hope I'm in the right area. Having to do this via my mobile. I had internet last night, even though it was only 5meg down load and 50meg. I have none today. I have a hub5 and it's flashing blue and when I looked into the hub it said ds sca...