Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

Download speed less than 1mbps

Hi. Over the last 2 days my download speed has gone down to under 1mbps. Upload speed is fine. I've tried rebooting the router several times, checked cables, reset factory settings, booted off all connected devices and there's no change. Can somebody...

Wifi pods not working?

Wifi upstairs is so poor, kids can't watch anything on their tv's. We have a WiFi pod plugged in at the top of the stairs, but that and another in the kitchen show offline on the App, despite resetting numerous times. Starting to regret changing from...

Quobrad by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

broadband continuing problems

For a few weeks I have been having internet problems with it either droping out or really slow.Currentky I have 135mps but that will become 3 to 5 or zero in a whileI have done all the diagnostsics , multiple hub resets called CS , had tech visit boo...

robball by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor WiFi connection

Despite living in a one bedroom flat -very small my WiFi connection continues to fail. I recently changed my package to M150 I believe and am a volt customer.There has been no benefit in terms of my boost as part of the Volt and I wonder if this has ...

KA0 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone else's internet intermittent?

Been having this problem since 13/10/23. It happened a couple months ago too. My internet will work, but every few minutes will disconnect for a few seconds, constantly, all damn day. This has been going on for days now.I have a smart home and am try...

nehir by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laptop's Not connect back to Hub when rebooted

Hi,The issue is that started about 3 weeks ago.  Reboot my laptop then wont connect back to the hub, this is connected via ethernet cable, the same goes for my other 2 laptops, they are connected by Wi-Fi, reboot them and they wont connect back to Wi...

jvoce by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unpause not working hub3

I have one device (connected by Ethernet cable) that is paused on my vm connect app. When I try to unpause it I get an error message. I have tried resetting the hub, rebooting it to factory settings and going into the hub settings and clearing out th...

Jakegs by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Media Fibre with Sky Q

Just looking for advice. We've recently gone back to Sky Q and Sky broadband and we were advised that our Sky broadbanday struggle with all the connected devices/streaming/gaming. Well it is. My question is, does anyone have Virgin Fibre for their in...

lamar4 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 - 2.4Ghz not showing

Just been upgraded to 1 gig broadband and sent the hub 5. I've installed it and is working fine on 5Ghz but I've a phone and lightbulbs that need 2.4Ghz. I've contacted Virgin who have split the network and on the connect app it shows as 5 & 2.4 but ...

Dazzapfc by Joining in
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos