Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Target price for renewal on M500 broadband

Contracts up soon and currently paying VM £51pm for 500Mb broadband with Anytime landline calls. We don’t use the landline so I would like to remove it and just continue with the M500 broadband what should be my target price even if it means playing ...

benny7 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi non existent or very slow

We have been battling with extremely poor WiFi for months now. When I came up for renewal I wanted to leave as it's been poor for years. I was offered an upgrade to M500 for the same price and was advised that the speed was the issue causing poor wif...

Need my socket and hub moved

Hi.Could someone please contact me about moving my virgin media socket and hub? The socket and hub are in my bedroom, and I need them to be moved to the hallway next to it.Thank you

Hub 5x modem mode not working - no wan

I have a draytek vigor 2960 and the new virgin hub 5x, for some reason on this new hub the modem mode is hidden, I had to access it via url ?page=modemodeanyway I activated modem mode and once that was done I turned the hub off and connected my drayt...

Broadband Issues - Early Afternoon

I had a Issue with my Broadband Dropping Back in July and an engineer came round and checked the Cable Coming into my home which was OK and he also  Changed my Hub. All has been Good until this week as Every Day this week (Mon/Tues/Wed)  at 1 to 2 PM...

READY71 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to access adult content

I've recently moved house and had a new router installed and have noticed I can't access any adult content. I know it's the WiFi because on a 4g connection it works fine. I've checked all my security settings and all the safe searches are switched of...

wwillcox by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Order wifi pods

Hi, I've recently got an 02 sim and have had my volt benefits activated.How do I go about ordering some WiFi pods? as some rooms in the house are only getting speeds of 4mbps!Thanks

No Internet since package change

Since my package was changed to remove TV Service I no longer have access to the internet, Hub says it is online and the phone works but I am unable to use any network devices, wired or wireless. I called the helpline last night and they just kept ge...

Kracker by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downstream power levels

Can someone check my downstream and up stream I currently have a forward path attenuator 6db on, when using ps5 I get "the router you are using may not support ip packet fragmentation" with a wiered connection I have tried directly to the HUB5 and th...

Screenshot_20230914_041327_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230914_041317_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230914_041309_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230914_041344_Chrome.jpg
JamieB1 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos