Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

WiFi Pod required

Good Afternoon I have used the Connect App to test my broadband speeds and it informed me i would benefit from a wifi Pod in bedroom 3For bedroom 3 The connect app says download 18Mbps and Upload 12 MbpsHowever i do have problems in bedroom 2 The app...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 - availability?

Hi Does anyone know when the Hub 5 will be more widely available. My hub 4 is not so good on wifi and would prefer not to have pods around the home. I am on 1g package. Regards     [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Grumps70 by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

wifi box not arrived, can’t track?

i ordered a wifi box on 16/9 with the delivery date being 19/9, but cannot track it as i ordered through a guest account and cannot make an account, as every time i try to it asks me for an account number and area reference, which i obviously don’t h...

Frequent packet loss

Hi,Over the last few months I've noticed frequent packet loss - causing me to get disconnected from my works Remote Desktop Server. I've got some constant pings going to the likes of 8.8.8.8 and bbc.co.uk - and I'd say on average every 20 or so pings...

wifi has signed me out & wont accept my password!

the ringed wifi network is mineThis evening [Wednesday] i noticed my wifi was not connected to my mobile.Whenever i'm at home my wifi automatically signs my mobile phone in, but for some unknown reason I've been sign out of my wifi.My hub3 seems to b...

InkedScreenshot_2023-09-20-20-06-01.jpg
geriann by Superfast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 spiking latency for a week

Hi, I have been having extremely bad latency for at least a week now with my M350 package. It just so happens that about a week ago I was given a Hub 5 in the post which I then installed. I was running the Hub 5 in modem mode, but to simplify things ...

Resolved! Hub 5

I'm just wondering what you have to do to get a Hub 5 as they've been out for a while now and where/are offered as a free upgrade. I signed up for the mailing list to get one but never heard anything so I was wondering how you get one.I currently hav...

Swifty79 by Tuning in
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dropouts and unable to route to work vpn

A few times each day my internet just stops.Some diagnostics shows that it is resolving the DNS request but then can't route to it.I am using a wired connection to the superhub3 to avoid any WiFi issues.Speeds seem reasonable when it works but the dr...

masleeve by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 red light permanently on

I have a hub 3 and the red light is permanently on.It's in a well-ventilated position and doesn't feel hot to the touch.I've tried pin-hole reset, but it returns to red.What should I do now?

ambed68 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos