Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 flashing green light at the bottom

Hello hub/wifi was working fine untill 12am I've had a flashing green light and wifi icon on followed all the steps reset turn on/ off check all cables unplug everything still no WiFi no know issues in the area virgins test keeps saying it's my hub n...

madara by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

What do I have to do?

What do I have to do to convince Virgin media that my Hub3 is faulty (as I understand it on here and elsewhere a red light in modem mode means the router is overheating, I should be getting a magenta light) I want to use my own WiFi router, there is ...

Broadband unstable / keeps dropping

Hello,I've been having intermittent issues for the last month or so with my broadband cutting out. Today, I haven't been able to connect since 12pm, both via wireless and ethernet.I believe there was work carried out within the last two weeks in my a...

klomas by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 Lan connection issues

Since I've brought a 500mbs hub 3 package I've been having issues with the LAN connection when connecting it to my Ps5, based on a speed test I've just done, the Internet speed via lan cable is 37.5 mbs when compared to getting around 330mbs on WiFi ...

Arron225 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3.0 stuck in “update in progress”

Hi,my hub 3.0 has been stuck in update on progress for acquired downstream channel and ranges upstream channel for 5 hours now. I have rebooted, restarted and restored to factory settings. Nothing is working. Please help so I can have wifi again. 

Avere by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Hub 5 Settings Password Not Recognised

I have today 12/7/23 received my new Hub 5. My internet and wifi on most(not all) of my devices are working as expected.The problem arises when I go to the router page, after selecting English as the language, it takes me to a screen that requires th...

Intermittent outages for 3wks

I’ve been having intermittent outages for 3 weeks now. I was told on Friday 18th August that it would be fixed on 22nd August. It hasn’t been fixed. I’ve called and tried all online guidance but Virgin won’t tell when it will actually be fixed. And I...

emmadii by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

IPv6

Hi.I noticed my ip address changed this morning and now it seems I have an IPv6 address too.  I thought Virgin Media hasn’t implemented IPv6 yet…or have they?

david1235 by On our wavelength
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor service by the Virgin and it's Media

Bad service by Virgin Media its robot and its failures to provide access to any proper complaints procedure or Competent Technician.   No television channels  No Internet  and no Service  - what else could go wrong ? Time to check out BT ?  I await a...