Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

VPN issues

Can anyone help please? I've been working from home for around a year without any problems. The last few weeks I constantly get kicked out of my work VPN every 2 minutes or so. No one else is having issues so I can only put it down to my wifi provide...

at-1990 by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 Ethernet

I’ve just installed my new Hub 5, Wi-Fi is fine but none of the Ethernet ports seem to work, no on demand TV  and games console only via Wi-Fi. Everything was fine on Hub 4 ??

TShock by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

New customer Internet problems

Had broadband and TV fitted on Tuesday but the Internet keeps dropping out every few minutes (can't watch any form of catch up as it keeps cutting out) the installer has told me I need to give it 9-10 days is this true. It currently is not getting an...

Resolved! Hub 3 red light permanently on

Hub 3 red light is permanently on.  I have relocated the hub in case it was overheatingI have rebooted the hub multiple timesThe connection is actually functioning this week, but is intermittently unstable (multiple times an hour it it will run slowl...

Relocate hub

Hi,I've been told that Virgin can relocate my hub to another room for a fee. If this is true how would I go about arranging that?Many thanks in advance for any help and advice on the matter.Darren C

DDCowell by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cable my street

Good Morning,We are looking to see if VM will be available for our new selfbuild home? The street above has it available but according to our postcode it isn't currently available. is this something that may possibly be done in the near future?there ...

VM.jpg
PaulMc76 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Technician No show

 My board band was arrange this 31/8 afternoon for set up, until now there was no technician arrive my home for the installation. Call the hotline no one answer. How can I do?

IMG_4669.jpeg