Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Resolved! Cannot access Broadband section in VM Connect app

I have installed the VM Connect app on my Android phone and I have found that I cannot use the Broadband icon at the bottom of the screen. When I press it I get the error message: "You have no access to home broadband. Your account isn't set up to us...

Wifi

Recently just upgraded to 1gb as constantly having problems with internet, now it’s just as bad - nobody actually gives a hoot , customer support is non existent   

FFCB01CC-E392-491E-AAD4-EC7E29239E97.png 18A8C098-84D5-43C7-94AD-CC2EF720F29B.png
Shabob01 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access denied on router

Hi had smart hub 3 - in modem mode connected to a unifi gateway - had issues with the gateway today so decided to remove and switch smart hub back to router mode - now connects but receive access denied message - tried switching back to modem mode - ...

How do I get additional Pods

It's impossible to get through to support on the phone as they are permanently busier than normal (and I find the music on hold really irritating). There doesn't seem to be a chat bot or similar. The articles on the website are useless. The VM Connec...

TimGJ by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netflix not working, internet works fine

Posting on behalf of my father. His netflix is not working in his house when connected to WIFI on any device. Disconnected from the wifi and use 4G and it works fine. Virgin box is connected wirelessly and network test show it connected and working. ...

JamesB93 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

No connection for weeks

We had intermittent internet for a couple of months and now no functioning internet for 3 weeks - repeatedly been told dates/times in the future or ‘fixed’ status but no difference. Please can someone help?! We’ve even tried to cancel but cannot get ...

No Broadband and no TV for 3 days now.

No service at all for 3 days.  The problem is not at my end - nothing wrong in my home.  It's a Virgin problem.  I get updates with estimated repair times and they keep pushing it back.  It's now due to be fixed by lunchtime tomorrow. Won't hold my b...

AE3 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing page doesn't work

Once again we're having problems with our connection appearing to drop out intermittently several times a day, but when I use the Service Status testing option it gets as far as 'just running a few final checks' then says 'Sorry, we can't run a test ...

Xbox

So I’ve been playing call of duty modern warfare 2 (the old one) it has been working fine up until 2 days ago, It now won’t let me sign in as this is a backward compatible game. I know it’s the internet that’s the problem as it let me sign in with my...

No broadband since 25th Sept 😡

I pay for 350mb a month but my broadband has been off since 25th Sept & all i keep getting are stupid text messages from Virgin telling me engineer on way/on site/on way/on site, on & on & on. I've called them several times but when i actually do get...

St_H by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos