Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! Dropped Signal in WC1N

Hi. Suffering from intermittent dropouts here in WC1N. Flashing ring on the router and loss of signal generally. Red bits on here show the worst patches but also a problem in between those. Could someone assist please. Thanks. 

tom1888 by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Pod not delivered

Hi,After a very long wait a couple of weeks ago, during an online chat I was advised that a wifi pod would be sent out on Friday 8th September and would be delivered on Monday 11th November.  I would also get an email confirming this. None of this ha...

Hotrats by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Pc can't see Hub 5 network

I have been using Hub 3 with no issues what so ever for the last 5 years. This week Virgin offered me Hub 5 and I gladly accepted thinking that it will sort out the wifi dead spots in the house. I connected it and most of my devices all over the hous...

sam1970 by Joining in
  • 37 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cant find where to order Wifi Pods

Just recently joined and i knew i would have issues with wifi over the other side of the house, in particular my office. Using the connect app most of the time doing a test it fails! If i go closer to the door i can get 10Mb on a 350Mb line!It says i...

Gears40 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Super Hub 3 Constant Red Light

HiLike a few others it appears my SH3 has changed to a solid red light today, presumably because of the heat. It's in router mode and as yet the connection is running, but if others have had to have a router replacement, I'm not sure how long it'll l...

6maynqw by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

hub 5 flashing blue light

turn on the box goes solid white then starts flashing white for a min the just starts flashing blue constantly. i haven’t pressed the wps, i’ve tried turning it off and on again, i’ve also tried the pinhole reset but nothing has worked 

ughugh by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Recently upgraded to 1gig broadband - constant dropouts

Since upgrading my service a few weeks ago, my broadband suffers intermittent but almost daily Wi-Fi dropouts. This is causing me some distress as i Ned to be online for work purposes.  Client calls via Teams are being constantly disrupted. I connect...

urnoboss by On our wavelength
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with installation/Shared drive

Hi all,I am hoping there is someone here to help.I live on a shared drive of 4 houses, where first 2 houses have virgin fibre connected but I am the last house in a row.I managed to get one employee here helping me a few months back and he connected ...

Zoky by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos