Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

WiFi Pod flashing red

HelloI’ve had 3 WiFi pods over the course of the last 18 months, all been working fine until the past week when one of the pods on the landing has started constantly flashing red, overheating and omitting a noise from the fan. Have tried numerous fix...

MGHLLWS by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent Dropouts & Reconnects

I have been experiencing intermittent disconnects on both wired and WiFi connected devices. The disconnects last for between 20 seconds to 1 minute before reconnecting. This seems to have been occuring at all times of the day, everyday since there wa...

Screenshot 2023-10-25 222547.png

Building connected but my flat isn't.

There are 5 flats in our block, 3 are serviced by virgin 2 aren't. There is a box on the ground floor (bike room) that is already connected to all 5 flats [unless this was installed incorrectly by the developers]. This box receives the virgin input f...

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync

Hi there, During the last 2 or 3 weeks I have been having problems with internet with the service going offline and online randomly. I have tried everything including rebooting the router/modem several times, no service outages in the area, but thing...

oromero by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random Device Keeps Reconecting

For the past month or so i have been checking connected devices in the VM Connect app. The below one keeps reconnecting when i pause itDevice name and mac add are: **:**:**:**:**:**I keep pausing it, which it stays paused for random timeframes someti...

Screenshot_20231025_000232_VM Connect.jpg
murday1983 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pon id was wrong been waiting months.

I've had multiple engineers around to do the installation and ever time they come I get told the pon id is different to the one on my router and it's not something an engineer can sort out. Then I ring virgin and explain thr pon id needs changing and...

Oliverp by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin media WiFi hotspots

On the VM WiFi app it gives you the option of installing a profile on your phone to access WiFi hotspots in the Uk and US. As I spend a lot of my time in the US is this a safe thing to do? Have never done it before has anyone done thisThanks 

narmad78 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet keeps dropping

Over the past 3 nights the internet drops for half an hour affecting the tv, phone and all devices. This happens between 6pm and 7pm. Why is this happening?

Kyri4 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 failed software update

Last night the network log showed a failed software update. The hub (modem mode) remote rebooted for the update which failed to download. Having read on here that a pin hole 60 second reboot would force an update, I tried that, but I'm still on versi...

tonyw2 by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos