Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

No internet - Green flashing internet light

Late Saturday night the internet started to drop. Sunday morning it worked for a few minutes and then stopped as well. I'm on a Superhub 3. I've done the usual remedies (turn on and off, 10 second reboot, 60 second reboot) but I'm still faced with th...

Stk316 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi suddenly gone!

Hi there.On Hub4 and wifi has suddenly gone.  Hard wired connection fine and no reports of any issues in my postcode.Turned Hub4 on and off a few times and nothing.  Opened up VM Connect app and there's a warning triangle on the broadband tab.  Go in...

TV box

My TV box is playing up and on my virgin media it says out of contract my WiFi speed is also slow can someone come out 

Resolved! Hub 5 and Modem mode

I'm a tad confused. On the surface, as I want to use a Mesh system, setting the Hub 5 in modem mode would be a piece of cake. That was until I read numerous posts saying it had been disabled or there was a problem. Of course I checked the official VM...

Hub 3 Red light

Hi, I’m having trouble with my Virgin Hub3 which is displaying a solid red light. I have checked that all connections are secure, switched the Hub on & off several times. I have tried the pinhole to reset but still no change.   The hub is upright and...

Tilly13 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cut fibre wire/engineer visit

Hello, I just wanted to post my current experience. Apologies for format as I'm on mobile.On the 26th of October, the fibre wire in our garden was cut by a workman removing waste from our garden, obviously not great. I rang up up on the same day and ...

vyela by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Brown box broken

Hello,The brown cover where the cables go into our house has come off. Is it possible for someone to come and sort it out?  

image.jpg