Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! How to connect device to WiFi pods

I have a WiFi pod and can stand next to it and it won’t connect? Can you force it to pick up device. WiFi drops out on device intermittently in this area because it’s still looking for hub

Tp50 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 still having Wi-Fi issues

I got a free hub 5 as Wi-Fi didn’t cover whole house. I still do not, how do I get free pods am I entitled to £100 credit. My account still says M350 and to upgrade is £8 mtg, but I already have hub 5 

RAC24 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No internet on ethernet ports apart from mesh router

This issue has really got me scratching my head because it's completely illogical.My father in law has set up a WiFi mesh which has been working fine for the last month or two and then devices started disconnecting from the WiFi overnight. Virgin hav...

Intermittent WiFi for 8 months

Hi,we’ve been struggling with intermittent WiFi now since April so going on over 8 months. Virgin Media continue to say there isn’t a problem despite several others in the area struggling with intermittent WiFi too.weve had three engineers round and ...

Sophr18 by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hard Rest Not Working on Hub 3

Tried the Admin Password on Hub 3 to access Router via 192.168.0.1 as I could not recall ever changing it. Did the whole disconnect Ethernet Cables, Reset Button for 60 Seconds, timed it, watched router go through reset. Went back to web page, tried ...

Red Light Hub 3

Hi all,Similar to quite a few other posts here, my hub 3 has had its usual white light replaced with a solid red light, think maybe over the last week or so. I've tried all the usual suggested fixes of power cycles, both software and hardware, at lea...

sharp55 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Flashing green hub ligh

Morning,this morning we have woke to flashing green light on hub(dolid green wifi above) tried all steps that Virgin recommend,ended up booking an engineer but cant get a slot till Wednesday from 4pm onwards??tests show cant reach hub,all lights on a...

Karl72 by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet Loss and some errors

Hi Can anyone advise on how to fix packet loss, have been noticing packet loss during gaming recently and decided to check on the router status and BQM. packetlosstest.com - preset "Counter strike 2" server set to United Kingdom Channel Locked Status...

image.png

Wired connections work but no wifi

Today we noticed no phones or laptops connected to the WiFi. The smart TV and fire cube connected to the router via wires. Any idea how I can get us all online on devices. Got 2 daughters complaining every minute they are offine.