cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up with wrong email address

narataga
Joining in

I signed up with an email address I do not have access to by accident, this means I can't verify my account so can't log in what so ever. Is there any way to change this email address? Thanks

181 REPLIES 181

Hi @Grech83
Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you've an issue when signing up to a online account. 

Can you confirm if it's just that you have given an incorrect email address or if you are receiving an error message when trying to create an account?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes it was just that I put in the wrong email address so I can't confirm it. Thanks

Thank you for confirm this @Grech83

I can certainly look to see if we can get this amended for you. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Grech83

Unfortunately, as this request is an account holder only action we would need to speak directly with the account holder to action this change. The account holder can contacted us directly by call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 and WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 and our team will be more than happy to see if we can get this amended for her. 

Alternatively, they can create their own community forums profile and create a post asking for assistance and we'll be able to help from there. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

OK I'll just ha e to call again as they let me do things for her over the phone as she has learning difficulties so cannot join forums and ask questions very well herself! 

My apologies @Grech83

There will be times on the account were account holder only access and actions will be necessary. If your daughter is unable to manage the account themselves, I recommend possibly requesting power of attorney for the account so that you are able to fully managed the account on their behalf. I'm sorry we were not able to complete your request via community forums. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

rlfraser
Joining in

Hi, 

Yeah i’m experiencing the same issue. I cant access my account. One number in my email is wrong so i need to be able to update it to the correct one so I can verify it. 

Appreciate it

Hi rlfraser, welcome to the community! 

Thank you for joining the thread to let us know of your login issue. Sorry to hear you are currently without access to My VM. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer support with your email registration. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best

Molly

Hi All, just returning to keep this public thread updated. 

Thanks to rlfraser for PMing with me! We were able to confirm the correct email address, get this updated and the verification email resent. Hopefully this is now all resolved. 

Do let us know if there is anything outstanding you need our support with!

All the best. 

Molly

krishnajagadish
Joining in

I registered my new broadband connection with the wrong email address. Spelled my mail id wrong. Could you please help resolve the issue.

Thanks