Home Phone
Help with your Virgin Phone line
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Landline Switchover - Hub in Modem Mode

My hub 4 is setup in modem mode. For the landline switchover to VOIP, do I simply plug the phone adaptor into the hub's telephone port or do I connect the phone to my own router?Thanks in advance.

Resolved! Home phone VOIP switchover. No dial tone

Hoping someone can help and that I don’t need to buy a new handset!!Just trying to switch the home phone onto broadband from the copper wiring (as instructed by VM) and failing.  Phone is Siemens Gigaset C475.  Phone was working fine on the copper la...

tina-d by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! The landline switchover, I have questions.

So here in North London we're having our home phones switched over to the fibre connection!This is fine enough but I have questions. The email said something about the phone being near the router. Currently my phone is across the room from my router,...

Resolved! cant hear the caller on incoming calls

About 50% of incoming calls we cant hear the caller but they can hear us .  If we phone back the call is OK .  About 10 % outgoing calls fail as we dont get a ringing tone .  Dial tone always present on picking up the phone to make a call . It is VOI...

Mikedp23 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BIG LANDLINE SWITCHOVER A DISASTER !!!

This landline switchover seems to be yet another con by Virginmedia to yet again increase their profits , with no real consideration for how it affects customers AND no doubt they will have the cheek and audacity to continue to charge you the landlin...

tomfer by Tuning in
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Home phone switchover - technician free?

Good morning,I received email re landline switch.  I don't have a mobileI need emergency phoneThe recommendation is to book a technician to install a back-up: does VM charge for a technician?I'll have to put my corded landline upstairs next to the hu...

home phone - screeching noise

When receiving a call a screeching noise makes it impossible to speak/hear     [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

PHT by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Change to phone line

No doubt in line with many other VM customers, I have just been told that during November my home phone line will be switching from the old copper line (which I presume was managed by BT) to VM's own fibre line. Please correct me if I'm wrong with an...

ajcamg by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! landline switchover

forgotten my switchover date, how can I find it. I’m in area 31 if that helps.

B1llys by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is this lagit

Hi, it's Virgin Media. On 2nd February 2024, your home phone service will be switched to our fibre network. We'll send you an adapter(s) as you need to connect your home phone to the Virgin Media Hub so you can continue using it. Reply with ACCEPT to...

ksouth62 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos