Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 14 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 76 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Email Password need reset by VM

Hi. My wife has a new phone and cannot log into her emails. Her old phone is still able to access them. The password is the problem as we can't remember what it is. I have read the other posts on here regarding the methods to reset password, but none...

Email lockout

Dear Forum,I appear to have been locked out of my virgin.net email.I did not change the password and it won't let me reset the password either.I have tried for hours on the phone to get someone who can tell me the problem butthey don't seem to have a...

JimAdams by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

IMAP Mail failing and no password reset possible

I can't use a virgin.net account via IMAP and now cannot reset the password with this error You can't use that password. Please choose another Can someone help with how to  resolve?Thanks 

Withy by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! New error message when I read messages via webmail

Normally I use Windows Live Mail for my ntl emailing but have also started using webmail more often. This morning when using webmail I selected the account and then entered my latest password for that account.  My messages appeared correctly and up t...

scarletp by Superfast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked out of email

HiI've randomly been asked to re-enter my virgin email password on apple mail. I can't remember what it is and when I try to reset it it says Virgin doesn't have enough information to reset it online so to call support, but when I call support there ...

AUTHENTICATION ERROR \ INBOX UPDATING BUT MESSAGES NOT SHOWING

I had an issue with outlook and reset my virgin media password to regain access to @blueyonder account.I was still getting an authentication error on my mobile, but could access email with my PC. Then yesterday, the PC stopped receiving emails too.I ...

Password reset for virgin.net not working

Tried to reset password, and returns message - can not use password - although - it is legitimate and strong - my cached passwords no longer work and now  Iocked out of email account. Can anyone help plse

Ntlworld email

My old but used daily ntlworld email account has had the Psw Changed (or something has) and I can’t logon. who do I contact and have this fixed please

Apple99 by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: add extra email account

hi sorry to but in but does that mean we may loose our current email addresses? i used to have quite afew on my account, but cant see them now and when ever i try to use them it says incorrect password. Ive had my email addresses for over 25 yrs as i...

linny40 by Superfast
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos