Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Where are my emails !

My emails suddenly stopped last Thursday. I am using my own domain name via my original @ntlworld address which I've had since dial up days.I download onto the PC via Windows Live Mail ( I like it!). It still goes through all of the checks and doesn'...

NTL World email - can the email address be changed?

My elderly mother-in-law and father-in-law shared an NTL world email address that was made up of both their names. My father-in-law recently passed away and my mother-in-law doesn’t want to go through the hassle of changing her email, but also doesn’...

SFM by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Freeze Email Account

Hi,My email account has been hacked and I would like it frozen (signed out of everywhere), but there is absolutely no customer support help on this that I can find whatsoever. Any ideas? Sam

shtarved by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Send Mail (Again!)

Good morning,I am currently unable to send emails from my virginmedia.com email account. I receive the attached error message indicating that the connection to the outgoing server failed.I had the same issue a week or so ago and after much google sea...

IMG_2134.jpeg
Br0wnie by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost email access

Yesterday out of the blue I lost email access. I have a@virginmedia.com email. I followed the instructions (see screenshot) and it loops me back to the same page. I contacted support and after ages on a never ending WhatsApp chat they changed my pass...

IMG_3202.png IMG_3202.png
Mariab75 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email hacked and can not use

HiA few weeks ago my email address along with social media accounts were hacked. All names and passwords changed by the hacker so I have no way of getting them back. I have spoken already with Action Fraud and seems looking at the forum its been quit...

Troopy06 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

years of sent messages missing

I am trying to find an old sent message and they only go back to 2021 whereas I have messages in the inbox going back to 2010 , have VM deleted my emails from the sent box?Any help appreciatedThanksPaul

paulpmj by Tuning in
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ntlworld Email

Looking for some advice struggling to access my ntlworld email address on my iPhone. Have deleted the account and re-added it on the mail app through settings but it won’t let me send emails. I can receive them but the smtp server port won’t connect....

Sh0na by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sent messages

My sent messages are not appearing in Sent folder since April  anyone able to suggest what might be the reason?

CGN48 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to access email

I have a very old @virgin.net email account.  Suddenly lost access to it yesterday  - one minute all was fine and then the next minute MS Outlook wanted authentication and the password I have which was saved on the PC stopped working. I went to my fi...

peatbog by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos