Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

No access to ntlworld emails

Today I lost access to my ntlworld email. Firstly told it was a security breach so they changed PW then told to wait 20 mins whilst account unlocked. DID NOT WORK! Called again, told same thing (funnily enough after 20minutes they would be closed!) b...

Blueyonder email no longer working

Hi,My dad who is 94 has had a blueyonder.co.uk email address for years, and I always help him out with any tech support if needed.His email just stopped working last week (says he cant send or receive) so he called Virgin and someone on the phone tol...

Facebook & Instagram

Hi,I’ve been asked by the Twitter team to post here regarding my issue.Since September I haven’t been receiving any emails from Facebook or Instagram, as in notifications & password resets.  Luckily I was able to remember my passwords, but having the...

highroyds by On our wavelength
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ntlworld email - can't access

I tried to go into emails last Thursday and was refused saying email or password are incorrect. They weren't, but also said something about IMAP.  I've been a VM customer for over 20yrs so not frustrated with this. Any ideas?     [MOD EDIT: Subject t...

Remfan1 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to access my emails with NTLworld

I have been unable to access my emails with NTLworld since 9th September. Now I can see them but can't send or forward any. Been driving me mad and nobody at Virgin media can help. Have rung five times and spent hours on the phone.

Petalmac by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please delete my email!!!!

I’ve been on virgin customer service all day trying to get an old email deleted with no joy. I made the email over 10 years ago when I was 11, I’m 21 now so i think because it’s so old it’s not tied to either my virgin account or my mums which I assu...

Mailbox App Password Management

Hi,My email has been locked 3 times in the past week, each time I have to reset this Mailbox  App password so a system generated 4 word string, it works for a few days then locks me out again.Have several email accounts and it is only happening on on...

ABT77 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Email down.....again (ntlworld.com)

Hi, please could someone advise.We have an ntlworld.com email with you and yesterday it started having errors when sending.Today it has completely gone, receiving still works and oddly it's using the older password to receive the email and not the up...

Mint2323 by On our wavelength
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blacklisted Mail Server

Just had 2 emails bounced, with report that IP address 84.116.50.35 has been blacklisted by Spamhaus and / or Invaluement and /or ReturnPath. This IP address resolves to Libery Global (VM's owner) in Amsterdam.Any ideas VM?David 

davidas99 by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked out of secondary email account

My partner has been locked out of her email account since Friday.We have been all round the houses on the phone to Virgin Media trying to get it unlocked, changed the password on the main account, changed the email address to a non Virgin Media addre...