cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Thanks BenMcr x
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

Ohm Meter gets no readings -
That's why I looked for a work around for my 5 TVs and then thought it would help everyone here too

@BenMcr wrote:

Unfortunately that's wrong. It's not.

Nowhere in the staff information on the Virgin TV V6 box does it say that it is either.

But the documentation is one thing, the reality may be another. We still don't seem to know for sure which sockets are enabled. What we do know for sure is that VM has failed to provide a box with a SCART socket, and the SCART OUT socket is nothing of the sort as it looks like a 9-pin mini-DIN.

Anyway, as I'm waiting for my V6 box (which should have arrived days ago), I attempted to record from my TiVo to my Sony DVD recorder. I purchased the following.

I unplugged the TiVo to AV receiver HDMI cable from the AVR and connected it to the HDMI splitter, fitted the new HDMI cables to the splitter, with one going to the AVR and the other to the the HDMI to SCART adapter. I unplugged the SCART cable from the TiVo and connected it to the the adapter.

Both the splitter and adapter are powered by USB cables, but I had two spare chargers.

On turning on the DVD, the picture from the TiVo via the HDMI-SCART connection was in 4:3 and somewhat degraded, the audio was a bit degraded as well. So, the widescreen switch was not being transmitted to enable an anamorphic signal to be expanded to 16:9. As it happens, the only reason I have to record to the DVD recorder is to save videos onto my PC, and I can correct the video by using IfoEdit to change the 4:3 aspect ration of the VTS_01_0.IFO file to 16:9. However, those who need to use SCART to connect to TVs will want a better solution.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Mine works perfectly for all 5 old Tv's and the big new TV
6 in total plus the DVD player

All pictures are very clear
Yes because of 9pin din on back V6 not working it's cost me an extra £60+ but it's done now and hopefully VM bosses will read this thread and see the progress we the customers have made

Pete your solution looks good. Did you get your cable and can you confirm that it worked please?

Getting V6s swapped at the end of the month.

Got the HDMI splitters sorted, just need a HDMI to Scart or HDMI to RCA to feed a second tv / slingbox.

Looked on Amazon and they all seems to say only 1.3 HDCP compliant but I think I need 1.4HDCP compliant ?

Anyone with a confirmed working box / unit ?

Read pages 11/12 of this thread
All links you will need to get up and running
All tried and tested
I run 6 TVs
5 of which are RF coaxed and
1 HDMI

please see pages 11 and 12 of this Thread for the links [items] you will need. Make sure they all have metal cases. {this is a long and interesting thread}

@qwakuk wrote:

Getting V6s swapped at the end of the month.

Got the HDMI splitters sorted, just need a HDMI to Scart or HDMI to RCA to feed a second tv / slingbox.

Looked on Amazon and they all seems to say only 1.3 HDCP compliant but I think I need 1.4HDCP compliant ?

Anyone with a confirmed working box / unit ?

I have this and its working great - Neoteck HDMI Splitter

Hi there I started this thread and for about and for about 9 months have been using the HDMI splitter and HDMI to Scart modulator without problem and getting a near perfect picture on 5 TV's as I am a moron when it comes to this sort of thing I could not understand why others couldn't get this solution to work.

Last week I started getting interference it turned out that my daughters new 4G phone was causing it so I went to Currys and bought a new SLX6 distributor to replace my ancient SLX6 however when I use my new distributor I cannot get an analogue signal only a digital one so am using my old distributor again. Has anyone else found this problem ?