cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To be announced

Dearni
Joining in

For days now nearly every channel on the TV guide says to be announced!!!! Very annoying.

We also have no on demand/catch up etc.. 

Error code c233. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both these functions use the internet, and on a TiVo that's in-built.

On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 lights, check the one labelled with a heart symbol. I'll guess this is flashing, that means your onboard modem has failed.

If so - report your TiVo faulty either by waiting on this forum a few days, or calling into faults and explaining your heartbeat light is flashing.

The outcome will likely be a tech visit, which will swap your TiVo for a V6. It runs the same software but on a much newer, quicker box - providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both these functions use the internet, and on a TiVo that's in-built.

On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 lights, check the one labelled with a heart symbol. I'll guess this is flashing, that means your onboard modem has failed.

If so - report your TiVo faulty either by waiting on this forum a few days, or calling into faults and explaining your heartbeat light is flashing.

The outcome will likely be a tech visit, which will swap your TiVo for a V6. It runs the same software but on a much newer, quicker box - providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for this!! Very helpful.

I do have a light on the Tivo box but it's not a heart, it's 2 arrows in opposite directions and it's on constant, not flashing. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've referred to a TiVo but are describing a. V6 - with very different connectivity.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Is that what you have?

Oh yes! Apologies. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A V6 gets its net connection from your home-hub, the symbol you describe suggests that connection has been lost.

How is your V6 connected to your Hub - is it wireless or Ethernet?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and look for a couple of specifics...

If wireless, the signal strength in the top-right. Regardless of Ethernet or wireless, an IP address in the top-right.

Post back with the results first.

Signal strength says 100%

IP 192.168.0.11

Last successful connection was 10/03

roy247
Community elder

Try reconnecting to the network by going to Home > Help and Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

Thank you.

It just fails, restart box, try again, fails again. 

roy247
Community elder

Try connecting with an ethernet cable if possible.